GeForce FX 5950 ruined my manhood!

Figwit

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2003
For Festivus my wife gave me a brand new GeForceFX 5950 Ultra and since then I have been unable to perform. I know that it's really too late to do the airing of grievances, but when I install my old Radeon 8500 I'm good to go again. This is ridiculous. I really think that Nvidia should fully disclose this type of problem with their product. It's bad enough that I barely got a performance improvement over my old Radeon, but to lose my dignity in the bedroom is a bit too much.

I don't recommend this card at all.

My wife is forcing me to return the card and she's going to buy me a new pair of skiis instead. I refused to go with her when she returns it since I don't want to be there when she tells them why she's returning it. I'm just going to keep using my old Radeon 8500 for the time being since it seems to do the job just as well.

I didn't find the card too noisy at all. I think that people are using the noise as an excuss to return the card since it's less embaressing than saying you've lost your manhood with this card.

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
LOL now thats a NVIDIA hose for the books. However if you are using a weak CPU from the get go then there will be VERY little performance boost.

Barton 2500+ @ 2200mhz (10x220 vcore @ 1.775)
Asus A7N8X Dlx 440 FSB
1gb Geil GD pc3500 Dual Channel (2-3-3-6)
Segata 80gb SATA 8.5ms seek
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro(420/700)

You should go with VIA-agra integrated solution.

Via-Agra rocking the graphics world with stiff benchmark scores. :wink:

BTW when we say love your card, we don't mean LOVE your card! :tongue:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

<b>-NEW PIC IN THGC ALBUM-</b>

dhlucke

Polypheme
This is just another nail in the coffin for Nvidia. Not only are their cards not as good as the competition, but they cause impotency.

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
thats what has been causing our problem dhlucke! lets get rid of our GFFX's and have wonderful mansechs once more :D~

-------

<A HREF="http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/you.html" target="_new">please dont click here! </A>
dhlucke - "Phew...ok my wrists are hurting. I'm taking a break."

dhlucke

Polypheme
LOL. I don't know. Especially with this thread.

For the record I believe everything that Figwit says even though he is an evil bastard that mollests the neighborhood cats.

Who has the best deal on VIA-agra?
NudeEgg.com
PricWatch.com
PenisGrabber.org

also look for Big<b>BOX</b> e-tailers like;

CervixCity.net
BeatBoy.com
WiltMart.org

Make sure your item is Well PACKED before being sent to you.

Ask them about they Slurping and Handeling costs.

:evil:

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil:

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
You are the witty'est guy ever to grace the THG forums my friend :wink:

<b>Athlon XP 2100+ @2.02Ghz
MSI K7N2 Delta-L nForce2 Ultra 400
768mb of Generic DDR266 @310 6-3-3-2
Built by ATi R9800 @420/630</b>

Ah... why thank you, and usually people just call me <b>Witless</b>

:wink:

[EDIT]: Leafs Tie Sabres in Overtime! Dang, Exciting Game! :cool:

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by TheGreatGrapeApe on 01/03/04 07:37 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
not only you guys are retarded you people are extremely perverted..........Why the F*** am i hanging around here for?

RIP Block Heater....HELLO P4~~~~~
120% nVidia Fanboy
FX5700Ultra, the next Ti4200? seems so

BirdRobin

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2003
And dun 4get, the most evil too! >=)

Athlon XP 1800+ (1.52ghz) O/Ced.
Gigabyte GA-7VKML
Powercolour R9600pro Bravo @ 480/340
128+256 PC2100 DDR
IBM 20gb 5400rpm 2mb+WD 40gb 5400rpm 2mb
Creative SB Live! 5.1 Digital

UCOstudent

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2003
Figwit, can i be there when you and your video card go up against each other in the "feats of strength?" ;)

gotta love seinfeld!

<font color=green> Marge, with ten thousand dollars we'd be millionaires! </font color=green> <i><font color=red>Homer Simpson</font color=red></i>

Figwit

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2003
I just wanted to let everyone know that I am doing fine. I got a full refund for the Nvidia card and am happily using my old Radeon 8500 again.

I'm going to be upgrading soon and will be watching the reviews of the next batch of cards closely to see how they affect bedroom activities. I sent an e-mail to Tom and he promised to include a paragraph or two about this in the next reviews.

Cheers

Next time go with the Intel Extreme3!

With a name like 'Extreme' it's gotta be good! :wink:

That should help your manhood.