xp home & me peer to peer upgrade to xp pro

I want to upgrade my customers desktop machines to WinXp
Pro and a Windows 2003 server. The network is using a
Linksys DSL router for dhcp with a peer to peer network,
2 gateway pIII W 256 ram WinMe, and 2 gateway P4 w/ 512
ram WinXpHome. One XpHome is sharing a folder with Multi-
user Peachtree complete accounting. Suddenly the other
xphome computer is taking an extremely long time to
connect to network resources. The Me machines are even
faster. I upgraded that XP Home machine to XP Pro.
After upgrading there seemed to be some improvement in
speed. Their plans are to upgrade all of the machines to
XP pro and connect to a stand alone server. The current
problem is that the conversion from the old Peachtree to
the new version takes about 12 hours (even on the new
server w/P4-xeon processor and 1 gig ram) I have to be
able to upgrade the desktops machines first before
disabling the old version of peachtree. I am going to
clean install xppro on the me machines. However I was
going to use xppro upgrade on the xphome machines because
they can not find the peachtree install disk.(They have
the disk for the new version.) Is there registry cleaning
software that I can use to improve performance after the
xppro upgrade. (I think the xphome was an upgrade also)
Thanks,
Exploreman

Give the slow Home machine a static ip: start/run, type:

hh %windir%\Help\tcpip.chm::/sag_tcpip_pro_manualconfig.htm

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509