keyboard beep

I'm blaming incorrect exit from a child's game for attaching a beep to each
keystroke made from the keyboard but don't know how to correct this. It is
also not possible to type the same key (doesn't matter which one, any key on
the keyboard responds the same) twice in a row without waiting for several
seconds between keystrokes. Any ideas?
4 answers Last reply
More about keyboard beep

    Go to Start/Run, and type DEVMGMT.MSC , highlight the keyboard device, Action menu, "Uninstall", then restart Windows, to find the
    device drivers again automatically.

    --

    Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    "mkeener" <mkeener@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA2909D9-5425-444E-BB0A-A246BADBCC6B@microsoft.com...
    > I'm blaming incorrect exit from a child's game for attaching a beep to each
    > keystroke made from the keyboard but don't know how to correct this. It is
    > also not possible to type the same key (doesn't matter which one, any key on
    > the keyboard responds the same) twice in a row without waiting for several
    > seconds between keystrokes. Any ideas?

    Great idea -- but no luck. After uninstalling/re-installing the keyboard (I
    even tried unplugging the keyboard, re-starting, then plugging it back in and
    re-starting again), I still get that annoying beeping with each keystroke and
    still can't type the same key twice without waiting between keystrokes. Any
    more ideas? I'm learning to type by hesitating between duplicated
    characters, but it's not fun!

    "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

    > Go to Start/Run, and type DEVMGMT.MSC , highlight the keyboard device, Action menu, "Uninstall", then restart Windows, to find the
    > device drivers again automatically.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    > FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    > ..
    > "mkeener" <mkeener@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA2909D9-5425-444E-BB0A-A246BADBCC6B@microsoft.com...
    > > I'm blaming incorrect exit from a child's game for attaching a beep to each
    > > keystroke made from the keyboard but don't know how to correct this. It is
    > > also not possible to type the same key (doesn't matter which one, any key on
    > > the keyboard responds the same) twice in a row without waiting for several
    > > seconds between keystrokes. Any ideas?

    Check the setting under the "Accessibility Options" in the Control Panel.
    This sounds like a setting for a disability feature.

    > Great idea -- but no luck. After uninstalling/re-installing the keyboard
    > (I
    > even tried unplugging the keyboard, re-starting, then plugging it back in
    > and
    > re-starting again), I still get that annoying beeping with each keystroke
    > and
    > still can't type the same key twice without waiting between keystrokes.
    > Any
    > more ideas? I'm learning to type by hesitating between duplicated
    > characters, but it's not fun!
    >
    > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
    >
    >> Go to Start/Run, and type DEVMGMT.MSC , highlight the keyboard device,
    >> Action menu, "Uninstall", then restart Windows, to find the
    >> device drivers again automatically.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    >> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
    >> marfers notes for windows xp
    >> http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
    >> ..
    >> "mkeener" <mkeener@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > I'm blaming incorrect exit from a child's game for attaching a beep to
    >> > each
    >> > keystroke made from the keyboard but don't know how to correct this.
    >> > It is
    >> > also not possible to type the same key (doesn't matter which one, any
    >> > key on
    >> > the keyboard responds the same) twice in a row without waiting for
    >> > several
    >> > seconds between keystrokes. Any ideas?

    You're right! Thanks for responding!

    "Richard Goh" wrote:

    > Check the setting under the "Accessibility Options" in the Control Panel.
    > This sounds like a setting for a disability feature.
    >
    > "mkeener" <mkeener@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Great idea -- but no luck. After uninstalling/re-installing the keyboard
    > > (I
    > > even tried unplugging the keyboard, re-starting, then plugging it back in
    > > and
    > > re-starting again), I still get that annoying beeping with each keystroke
    > > and
    > > still can't type the same key twice without waiting between keystrokes.
    > > Any
    > > more ideas? I'm learning to type by hesitating between duplicated
    > > characters, but it's not fun!
    > >
    > > "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Go to Start/Run, and type DEVMGMT.MSC , highlight the keyboard device,
    > >> Action menu, "Uninstall", then restart Windows, to find the
    > >> device drivers again automatically.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
    > >> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509