Disk Drive Overlay?

WHen I tried to installed Symantec Goback, it said it couldn't be
installed because I had a disk drive overlay program installed. That
was news to me. How do I check that and why it would be installed?
2 answers Last reply
More about disk drive overlay

    "Kent McPherson" <bigk@kentmcpherson.com> wrote in message
    > WHen I tried to installed Symantec Goback, it said it couldn't be
    > installed because I had a disk drive overlay program installed. That
    > was news to me. How do I check that and why it would be installed?

    Error: "GoBack is unable to determine which of your hard drives is the boot
    drive" when you install GoBack
    http://tinyurl.com/57k87 (Shortened URL)

    ----------------
    Dynamic Drive Overlay (DDO) is present
    You may see this message when the boot drive has a Dynamic Drive Overlay
    (DDO) installed. Norton GoBack is not compatible with DDOs. Consult your
    computer or hard drive manufacturer to determine if you need a DDO, and if
    possible, how to remove it.
    --------------
    UnQuote

    --
    William

    Kent, a drive overlay program is used to allow a hard drive to be accepted
    by the Bios. It is usually from the Drive Manufacturer. One of the
    disadvantages of using it is the one you just discovered. Goback is
    incompatibile with it
    "Kent McPherson" <bigk@kentmcpherson.com> wrote in message
    > WHen I tried to installed Symantec Goback, it said it couldn't be
    > installed because I had a disk drive overlay program installed. That
    > was news to me. How do I check that and why it would be installed?

Support Disk Drive Microsoft Windows XP