HELP!!! keyboard is broken! :(

April 4, 2005 5:07:04 PM

someone popped off my spacebar to help me clean under it and now i can't get
it put back together right :(  i'm at work and if i ask the IT guy he'll get
mad...he's a big ass...please help! is there a diagram or could someone
explain how to put it back on right?

More about : keyboard broken

April 4, 2005 7:36:19 PM

That's job security for the IT guy. He should love you unless he don't know
how to put it back.
SG
"LauraJean317" <LauraJean317@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> someone popped off my spacebar to help me clean under it and now i can't
> get
> it put back together right :(  i'm at work and if i ask the IT guy he'll
> get
> mad...he's a big ass...please help! is there a diagram or could someone
> explain how to put it back on right?
April 4, 2005 8:17:19 PM

Considering there are 1000's of different keyboards...!! Get the person who
popped it off to pop it on again. Underneath there is a spring (or two)
they fit into grooves designed for them. Just align them and press the bar
down and it should pop into place.
No, I don't think your IT guy would be annoyed considering you were trying
to clean underneath. He's not your boss anyway I would assume.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
"LauraJean317" <LauraJean317@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> someone popped off my spacebar to help me clean under it and now i can't
> get
> it put back together right :(  i'm at work and if i ask the IT guy he'll
> get
> mad...he's a big ass...please help! is there a diagram or could someone
> explain how to put it back on right?
Anonymous
April 4, 2005 8:47:01 PM

Not all keyboards have a spring. Some of them have a metal piece. That piece
goes in the two hooks at the bottom of the spacebar (piece on the spacebar;
hooks on keyboard in the spacebar mechanizim. Do that (put it in like that).
Then you put the two plastic groves ontop of the two holes that fit the
grooves on the 'bar. Then push hard with your fingers spread across the
whold spacebar. Then you will hear a click (or a thunk) and that means that
the spacebar is in place.

RYAN-EBK

!