HELP!!! keyboard is broken! :(

someone popped off my spacebar to help me clean under it and now i can't get
it put back together right :( i'm at work and if i ask the IT guy he'll get
mad...he's a big ass...please help! is there a diagram or could someone
explain how to put it back on right?
3 answers Last reply
More about help keyboard broken

    That's job security for the IT guy. He should love you unless he don't know
    how to put it back.
    SG
    "LauraJean317" <LauraJean317@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > someone popped off my spacebar to help me clean under it and now i can't
    > get
    > it put back together right :( i'm at work and if i ask the IT guy he'll
    > get
    > mad...he's a big ass...please help! is there a diagram or could someone
    > explain how to put it back on right?

    Considering there are 1000's of different keyboards...!! Get the person who
    popped it off to pop it on again. Underneath there is a spring (or two)
    they fit into grooves designed for them. Just align them and press the bar
    down and it should pop into place.
    No, I don't think your IT guy would be annoyed considering you were trying
    to clean underneath. He's not your boss anyway I would assume.

    --
    Peter
    Toronto, Canada
    "LauraJean317" <LauraJean317@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > someone popped off my spacebar to help me clean under it and now i can't
    > get
    > it put back together right :( i'm at work and if i ask the IT guy he'll
    > get
    > mad...he's a big ass...please help! is there a diagram or could someone
    > explain how to put it back on right?

    Not all keyboards have a spring. Some of them have a metal piece. That piece
    goes in the two hooks at the bottom of the spacebar (piece on the spacebar;
    hooks on keyboard in the spacebar mechanizim. Do that (put it in like that).
    Then you put the two plastic groves ontop of the two holes that fit the
    grooves on the 'bar. Then push hard with your fingers spread across the
    whold spacebar. Then you will hear a click (or a thunk) and that means that
    the spacebar is in place.

    RYAN-EBK

    "Peter" <r2d2 AT cesmail DOT net> wrote in message
    > Considering there are 1000's of different keyboards...!! Get the person
    > who popped it off to pop it on again. Underneath there is a spring (or
    > two) they fit into grooves designed for them. Just align them and press
    > the bar down and it should pop into place.
    > No, I don't think your IT guy would be annoyed considering you were trying
    > to clean underneath. He's not your boss anyway I would assume.
    >
    > --
    > Peter
    > Toronto, Canada
    > XP Home SP2
    > P4 dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 1.0gb RAM, 160gb HD
    > "LauraJean317" <LauraJean317@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> someone popped off my spacebar to help me clean under it and now i can't
    >> get
    >> it put back together right :( i'm at work and if i ask the IT guy he'll
    >> get
    >> mad...he's a big ass...please help! is there a diagram or could someone
    >> explain how to put it back on right?

Microsoft Keyboards Windows XP