Is it ARSE or DEBUG_MODE

I've read the fact, I've googled it and I've even checked out the archives,
but I can't get no clarification on how to make my game more realistic.

In the old days, a simple ARSE used to have Anelka sulking his off, and Doug
Ellis statistically revealed as the tight-fisted chairman he is. But
apparently it doesn't work in FM05, or if it does, I'm putting it in the
wrong place. The faq suggests it might work, or to try DEBUG_MODE instead.
Neither do squat for me.

So in order to get a more realistic game, what do I need to do to get all
these characters acting just like they do in real life?

Any other suggestions on improvements such as how to quickly repair other
inaccuracies in the game such as fake names, are welcome.

Cheers
13 answers Last reply
More about arse debug_mode

    Clem Schell wrote:

    > I've read the fact, I've googled it and I've even checked out the archives,
    > but I can't get no clarification on how to make my game more realistic.

    I've looked in the .exe with a hex editor and there's no mention of
    ARSE, so that certainly doesn't work.

    However, there are:
    SUGAR_DADDY
    JAPANESE
    GERMAN
    GROUND
    CLUB_DEBT
    DEBUG_MODE

    They should go into init.cfg in your data folder. But there's always a
    chance that they've changed what DEBUG_MODE does to the game.

    --
    Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

    np: Urban - Odlucio Sam Da Te Volim

    Em Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:19:50 +0100, Miljenko <milcrnko.spamgohome@inet.hr>
    escreveu:

    > Clem Schell wrote:
    >
    >> I've read the fact, I've googled it and I've even checked out the
    >> archives,
    >> but I can't get no clarification on how to make my game more realistic.
    >
    > I've looked in the .exe with a hex editor and there's no mention of
    > ARSE, so that certainly doesn't work.
    >
    > However, there are:
    > SUGAR_DADDY
    > JAPANESE
    > GERMAN
    > GROUND
    > CLUB_DEBT
    > DEBUG_MODE
    >
    > They should go into init.cfg in your data folder. But there's always a
    > chance that they've changed what DEBUG_MODE does to the game.

    my game is correct with germans, but no real japanese, as I won't start a
    new game now, how can I add the japanese for next savegames?

    --
    The Brazilian Man

    Miljenko wrote:
    > Clem Schell wrote:
    >
    >> I've read the fact, I've googled it and I've even checked out the
    >> archives, but I can't get no clarification on how to make my game
    >> more realistic.
    >
    > I've looked in the .exe with a hex editor and there's no mention of
    > ARSE, so that certainly doesn't work.
    >
    > However, there are:

    SUGAR_DADDY - Tops up transfer budget through the season (also can be
    enabled via the editor)
    JAPANESE - Removes Fake Jap players?
    GERMAN - Removes Fake German players?
    GROUND - enables non-programmed ground moves
    CLUB_DEBT - Gives clubs debt?
    DEBUG_MODE - ARSE mode or screws your game up :-)

    > They should go into init.cfg in your data folder. But there's always a
    > chance that they've changed what DEBUG_MODE does to the game.

    Will add these to the FAQ if you don't mind.

    --
    Michael Murray

    Em Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:16:16 -0000, Michael Murray
    <NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> escreveu:

    > Miljenko wrote:
    >> Clem Schell wrote:
    >>
    >>> I've read the fact, I've googled it and I've even checked out the
    >>> archives, but I can't get no clarification on how to make my game
    >>> more realistic.
    >>
    >> I've looked in the .exe with a hex editor and there's no mention of
    >> ARSE, so that certainly doesn't work.
    >>
    >> However, there are:
    >
    > SUGAR_DADDY - Tops up transfer budget through the season (also can be
    > enabled via the editor)
    > JAPANESE - Removes Fake Jap players?
    > GERMAN - Removes Fake German players?
    > GROUND - enables non-programmed ground moves
    > CLUB_DEBT - Gives clubs debt?
    > DEBUG_MODE - ARSE mode or screws your game up :-)
    >
    >> They should go into init.cfg in your data folder. But there's always a
    >> chance that they've changed what DEBUG_MODE does to the game.
    >
    > Will add these to the FAQ if you don't mind.

    but there are the command lines, how we do use them?

    --
    The Brazilian Man

    Michael Murray wrote:

    > JAPANESE - Removes Fake Jap players?
    > GERMAN - Removes Fake German players?

    No. GERMAN should give all players fake names (if it's the same as CM
    03/04). I don't think we ever found out what JAPANESE does.

    > CLUB_DEBT - Gives clubs debt?

    Or cancels them? Try it...

    > Will add these to the FAQ if you don't mind.

    No problem.

    --

    The Brazilian Man wrote:
    > Em Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:16:16 -0000, Michael Murray
    > <NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> escreveu:
    >
    >> Miljenko wrote:

    >>> I've looked in the .exe with a hex editor and there's no mention of
    >>> ARSE, so that certainly doesn't work.
    >>>
    >>> However, there are:
    >>
    >> SUGAR_DADDY - Tops up transfer budget through the season (also can
    >> be enabled via the editor)
    >> JAPANESE - Removes Fake Jap players?
    >> GERMAN - Removes Fake German players?
    >> GROUND - enables non-programmed ground moves
    >> CLUB_DEBT - Gives clubs debt?
    >> DEBUG_MODE - ARSE mode or screws your game up :-)
    >>
    >>> They should go into init.cfg in your data folder. But there's
    >>> always a chance that they've changed what DEBUG_MODE does to the
    >>> game.
    >>
    >> Will add these to the FAQ if you don't mind.
    >>

    > but there are the command lines, how we do use them?

    create a file called init.cfg (or open existing one - if you have enabled
    sugar daddy in the editor the game will create the init file) in your FM
    data folder eg FM/data, type in "SUGAR_DADDY" "Chelsea" to give Chelsea a
    Sugar Daddy, "CLUB_DEBT" "Leeds United", "GERMAN" etc... save and load up
    FM, not sure if they are save-game compat. I'll try to test them out
    sometime and results to later FAQ.

    --
    Michael Murray

    Em Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:53:22 -0000, Michael Murray
    <NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> escreveu:

    > The Brazilian Man wrote:
    >> Em Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:16:16 -0000, Michael Murray
    >> <NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> escreveu:

    >>> SUGAR_DADDY - Tops up transfer budget through the season (also can
    >>> be enabled via the editor)
    >>> JAPANESE - Removes Fake Jap players?
    >>> GERMAN - Removes Fake German players?
    >>> GROUND - enables non-programmed ground moves
    >>> CLUB_DEBT - Gives clubs debt?
    >>> DEBUG_MODE - ARSE mode or screws your game up :-)

    >>> Will add these to the FAQ if you don't mind.
    >>>

    >> but there are the command lines, how we do use them?
    >
    > create a file called init.cfg (or open existing one - if you have enabled
    > sugar daddy in the editor the game will create the init file) in your FM
    > data folder eg FM/data, type in "SUGAR_DADDY" "Chelsea" to give Chelsea a
    > Sugar Daddy, "CLUB_DEBT" "Leeds United", "GERMAN" etc... save and load up
    > FM, not sure if they are save-game compat. I'll try to test them out
    > sometime and results to later FAQ.

    so I need only to type "GERMAN" and "JAPANESE" to solve Inc files?
    and about GROUND command, how it works?
    so in the future I might want to leave Highbury too :-)
    tks

    --
    The Brazilian Man

    The Brazilian Man wrote:
    > Em Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:53:22 -0000, Michael Murray
    > <NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> escreveu:
    >
    >> The Brazilian Man wrote:

    >>> but there are the command lines, how we do use them?
    >>

    >> create a file called init.cfg (or open existing one - if you have enabled
    >> sugar daddy in the editor the game will create the init file) in your FM
    >> data folder eg FM/data, type in "SUGAR_DADDY" "Chelsea" to give Chelsea a
    >> Sugar Daddy, "CLUB_DEBT" "Leeds United", "GERMAN" etc... save and load up
    >> FM, not sure if they are save-game compat. I'll try to test them out
    >> sometime and results to later FAQ.
    >>

    > so I need only to type "GERMAN" and "JAPANESE" to solve Inc files?

    You could always just delete the .inc's...

    Em Wed, 12 Jan 2005 14:13:06 GMT, mentalalien
    <mentalalien2002_NO@SPAM_yahoo.com.au> escreveu:

    > The Brazilian Man wrote:
    >> Em Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:53:22 -0000, Michael Murray
    >> <NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> escreveu:

    >>> create a file called init.cfg (or open existing one - if you have
    >>> enabled
    >>> sugar daddy in the editor the game will create the init file) in your
    >>> FM
    >>> data folder eg FM/data, type in "SUGAR_DADDY" "Chelsea" to give
    >>> Chelsea a
    >>> Sugar Daddy, "CLUB_DEBT" "Leeds United", "GERMAN" etc... save and load
    >>> up
    >>> FM, not sure if they are save-game compat. I'll try to test them out
    >>> sometime and results to later FAQ.
    >>>

    >> so I need only to type "GERMAN" and "JAPANESE" to solve Inc files?
    >
    > You could always just delete the .inc's...

    if I delete all folders it's done and solved?

    --
    The Brazilian Man

    The Brazilian Man wrote:
    > Em Wed, 12 Jan 2005 14:13:06 GMT, mentalalien
    > <mentalalien2002_NO@SPAM_yahoo.com.au> escreveu:
    >
    >> The Brazilian Man wrote:

    >>> so I need only to type "GERMAN" and "JAPANESE" to solve Inc files?
    >>
    >> You could always just delete the .inc's...
    >
    > if I delete all folders it's done and solved?

    Yep that's what I did (But then I applied the patch and it sneakly readded
    one Leaving my AGCM game with no French teams)

    --
    Michael Murray

    The Brazilian Man wrote:
    > Em Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:53:22 -0000, Michael Murray
    > <NOtmichaeltmurrayuknospam@yahoo.co.uk> escreveu:
    >
    >> The Brazilian Man wrote:

    >>> but there are the command lines, how we do use them?
    >>
    >> create a file called init.cfg (or open existing one - if you have
    >> enabled sugar daddy in the editor the game will create the init
    >> file) in your FM data folder eg FM/data, type in "SUGAR_DADDY"
    >> "Chelsea" to give Chelsea a Sugar Daddy, "CLUB_DEBT" "Leeds United",
    >> "GERMAN" etc... save and load up FM, not sure if they are save-game
    >> compat. I'll try to test them out sometime and results to later FAQ.
    >>

    > so I need only to type "GERMAN" and "JAPANESE" to solve Inc files?

    According to Miljenko using the "GERMAN" and "JAPANESE" commands gives you
    fake players.

    > and about GROUND command, how it works?
    > so in the future I might want to leave Highbury too :-)

    Should just type in "GROUND" and it'll enable teams to move, it'll act just
    like when you ask to improve ground, you'll find one day they might turn
    around and say we're moving.

    --
    Michael Murray

    Em Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:16:45 -0000, Michael Murray

    ok, many thanks

    --
    The Brazilian Man

    Michael Murray wrote:

    > > so I need only to type "GERMAN" and "JAPANESE" to solve Inc files?

    > According to Miljenko using the "GERMAN" and "JAPANESE" commands gives you
    > fake players.

    I don't know what they do, I only know what GERMAN did in CM4. AFAIK
    they don't have anything to do with the .lnc files.

    --
    Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

    np: Laufer - Govorim u snu

Games Debugger Video Games