Rocky

I have recently replaced a crashed harddrive with a new drive in my Sony
Vaio, PCV-RX270DS. I "clean" installed my retail CD version of XP Pro
(pre-SP1). My question is, do I download and install Sony's drivers for my PC
model before downloading and installing SP1 and SP2 or should I install the
SP's and then the Sony drivers. Sony stated that they could not anser this
and I should get help from MS. Thanks.

Rocky, get all your drivers in place before installing SP2. No need to
install SP1.