HP Trinity APU Sleekbook available 20 June @ $599

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why is it disappointing? As far as I know, 15.6" laptops have almost always had 1366x768 resolutions and they've always been more than good enough. Remember, the key attributes to a sleekbook are size, weight and battery life. You start upping the resolution (especially to 1920x1080) and you can expect battery life to fall dramatically because that would use more power from the GPU side of the Trinity APU. :sol:

I find 1366x768 a bit too limiting. My 14" Lenovo Y470 has that resolution and it's a bit annoying moving several windows around to get at information I am looking for or just trying to view several sources of information at the same time. It crimps my multi-tasking / productivity style.

I'm considering replacing my Y470 next year when Intel's mobile Haswell CPUs are launched with a laptop that has higher resolution, but I don't want it to be more than 15.6" otherwise there's no real point in having a laptop. 1600x900 would be ideal for a 15.6" laptop. For a 14" laptop that resolution will likely make things a little harder to read since 1600x900 has 37% more pixels than 1366x768, but I would need to see such a laptop to determine that though.

Not fer me [:lutfij:4] I like it

I auto-hide the Windows task bar on the left side of the screen ... beats Alt-Tab'n for the most part, too.

desktop-new-1.jpg

If 1080p is a necessity, hook one up to the HDMI-out

I just hope that Trinity Slick-Book will take an OCZ 60GB SSD. That'll boogie.

Status
Not open for further replies.