task manager shows 100% CPU utilization but then

if I double click on the graph, it shows 3%, which I think is correct.
If I close task manager, and open it again, it will show 100% again.
Double click, same thing. Why does it change?

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:MPG.1cbb777faeee5c09896af@news-60.giganews.com,
bugman <bugmanPANTs@optonline.net> had this to say:

> if I double click on the graph, it shows 3%, which I think is correct.
> If I close task manager, and open it again, it will show 100% again.
> Double click, same thing. Why does it change?

It's probably because it's opening the task manager and using the entire
PC's resources to do so for a short time. It changes back when it's done
opening it, reading all the tasks, writing the values, and calculating your
resource level in percentages per application as well as giving the memory
usage statistics.

Galen

ryry

well duh! the cpu is used when clicking things! does it gradually go down?
if not, then every time you open the manager you are putting lots of
pressure on your CPU. I bet if you leave it for 20 minutes you will have a
power failure and have to buy a new CPU! hahahahahaha

--
RYRY

"bugman" <bugmanPANTs@optonline.net> wrote in message
> if I double click on the graph, it shows 3%, which I think is correct.
> If I close task manager, and open it again, it will show 100% again.
> Double click, same thing. Why does it change?

It does not spike and go dow. It stays at 100% If I double click on
the CPU graph a few times it returns to normal.