English softwares changed to chinese characters

Hi,
I'm new on this forum and I really need some help.
I formatted my pc the other day and my brother played around with it and now
some of my softwares/prgrams are in chinese. Please help as to how I can
change them back to english. Thanks
--
I don't know much about computers !

Control Panel/Regional Settings app controls some of that. There are language packs you can install, but they cost money, and I
doubt he bought them.

Rightclick any IE page, and see "encoding' to set to "Western European"

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509