File Search Problem

We have a mapped network drive that shows up in blue text in our folder list.
I do not know what that means so that may be a clue to my problem.

This drive has over 1500 Excel (.xls) files that we need to filter by using
the search option in Windows Explorer. When we use Search for Files and
Folders option, and enter a part of the file name, we do not get any results.
We can scroll through the list, and know the files exist. We do not have
any problems doing a search on our C drive or any other mapped network drives.

Thanks,
--
Betty

The problem for the text that it is blue means it is a compressed file, thus
saving disk space. This might be the problem. Right-click it and go to
properties. click advanced in the General tab. Make sure that 'for faster
search, index....' is selected. If you want to save space on the hard drive
(I use it and it saves 1KB per GB, not much). I suggest that you un-select
it and then it will work alot better and will search better.

Ryan-EBK