Soft V92 data fax modem. Device manager update needed.

Cannot find an update for the above despite trying. Update needed because AOL
advise this driver is out of date. { currently dated 18/7/2003 ] Driver
version is 7.12.9.0. Up date needed so that win XP plus sp2 can access aol.
Any ideas?

1. Only the manufacturer of that computer would have driver updates for it,
or know that there are others that would work with it (but not likely). A
soft modem is pretty hardware dependent. Have you looked at the
manufacturer's web site? If it's not there, there isn't one. Soft modems
are special beasts.

2. It isn't a "Device Manager update you need; that simply helps with
managing the drivers. You appear to be talking about drivers for your soft
modem.

3. Why do you think you need modem (or any other) driver updates to access
AOL? WinXP/SP2 should have nothing to do with accessing AOL.

Perhaps if you supplied more relevant data someone could help you figure out
what it is you are actually having problems with? You gave rev levels, but
no equipment models/names.

-----------------------------
"trueasbrit" <trueasbrit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Cannot find an update for the above despite trying. Update needed because
> AOL
> advise this driver is out of date. { currently dated 18/7/2003 ] Driver
> version is 7.12.9.0. Up date needed so that win XP plus sp2 can access
> aol.
> Any ideas?

Excellent advice .I was totally mislead by AOL live help and later by on line
AOL tel help. Problem now resolved. It turned out that although I could not
progress beyond password verification on AOL sign in I was in fact actually
connected to the internet. Real problem was corruption of AOL 9.0 software
cured by removing and then reinstalling AOL 9.0. Thanks 'lifer' for your
thought ful and informative response

"Lifer" wrote:

> 1. Only the manufacturer of that computer would have driver updates for it,
> or know that there are others that would work with it (but not likely). A
> soft modem is pretty hardware dependent. Have you looked at the
> manufacturer's web site? If it's not there, there isn't one. Soft modems
> are special beasts.
>
> 2. It isn't a "Device Manager update you need; that simply helps with
> managing the drivers. You appear to be talking about drivers for your soft
> modem.
>
> 3. Why do you think you need modem (or any other) driver updates to access
> AOL? WinXP/SP2 should have nothing to do with accessing AOL.
>
> Perhaps if you supplied more relevant data someone could help you figure out
> what it is you are actually having problems with? You gave rev levels, but
> no equipment models/names.

> "trueasbrit" <trueasbrit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Cannot find an update for the above despite trying. Update needed because
> > AOL
> > advise this driver is out of date. { currently dated 18/7/2003 ] Driver
> > version is 7.12.9.0. Up date needed so that win XP plus sp2 can access
> > aol.
> > Any ideas?

TRENDING THREADS