Mod Latitude Zip250 for desktop use?

I have an off the wall question. I have a Dell Latitude Zip250 module. I
don't have the laptop anymore. I was wondering if its possible to take the
drive out of the module and fit it in some kind of tray for a 3.5 drive pay?
I don't mind cutting the module up if necessary. Also, the drive sports a
single, odd looking plug that connects to some kind of mini IDE adapter to
interface with the laptop's drive bay. Does anyone make an adapter so this
drive could connect to a standard EIDE cable and power cable?

Thanks,

BigSky
2 answers Last reply
More about latitude zip250 desktop

    "Big Sky" <bmartin84@cox.net> wrote:
    >I have an off the wall question. I have a Dell Latitude Zip250 module. I
    >don't have the laptop anymore. I was wondering if its possible to take the
    >drive out of the module and fit it in some kind of tray for a 3.5 drive pay?

    Yes, but it involves selling the module on eBay and buying a Zip250
    drive... 8*) The good news is you'll probably come out ahead
    financially...

    Big Sky wrote:

    > I have an off the wall question. I have a Dell Latitude Zip250 module. I
    > don't have the laptop anymore. I was wondering if its possible to take
    > the drive out of the module and fit it in some kind of tray for a 3.5
    > drive pay?
    > I don't mind cutting the module up if necessary. Also, the drive sports a
    > single, odd looking plug that connects to some kind of mini IDE adapter to
    > interface with the laptop's drive bay. Does anyone make an adapter so
    > this drive could connect to a standard EIDE cable and power cable?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > BigSky
    There are adapters available to connect laptop size IDE to desktop size IDE.
    They run about $5-10. But its a zip drive so why bother?

Dell Latitude Computers