Add/Remove Programs List

April 4, 2005 11:45:02 PM

Has anyone else experienced similar problems:
When looking at my Add/Remove Programs list, not all the programs are listed
in it. How do I remove a program that doesn't show up in this list?
Also, My Add/Remove Programs list has an absolutely HUGE gap in the center
of the list. I have to scroll down for 5-10 seconds before the remainder of
the Programs are displayed in the list.
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 3:36:12 PM

MyUninstaller v1.31 - Alternative to the standard Add / Remove module on
Windows:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/myuninst.html

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"raymondwerner" <raymondwerner@donotspam.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone else experienced similar problems:
> When looking at my Add/Remove Programs list, not all the programs are
> listed
> in it. How do I remove a program that doesn't show up in this list?
> Also, My Add/Remove Programs list has an absolutely HUGE gap in the center
> of the list. I have to scroll down for 5-10 seconds before the remainder
> of
> the Programs are displayed in the list.

April 5, 2005 4:57:33 PM

If you do a search for "Add/Remove" as the subject in this NG, there's
various potential solutions to removing that gap.

You haven't mentioned any programs which don't appear in Add/Remove; that
would help.
Check your shortcuts to those programs in the Start Menu & see if one exists
that folder.
If not, find that program folder on your 'C' drive & look in there.
If all that fails, list the bloody programs you're having problems with!
--

johnf (Mandake)

> Has anyone else experienced similar problems:
> When looking at my Add/Remove Programs list, not all the programs are
> listed in it. How do I remove a program that doesn't show up in this
> list?
> Also, My Add/Remove Programs list has an absolutely HUGE gap in the
> center of the list. I have to scroll down for 5-10 seconds before the
> remainder of the Programs are displayed in the list.
April 5, 2005 4:57:34 PM

I also had the huge black and white gap between the "F" and "G" Add/Remove
Control Panel, and tried everything suggested without results.

Another forum poster suggested going to Programs folder and using the
uninstaller for a utility called "FileChecker" insides its folder. Bingo!
Long term problem solved! File Checker did not appear ever in the Add/Remove
list, so that may have been my problem, but the huge space is GONE and I have
no need to test it out again with that app.

It may be simply that a folder in the Programs folder that doesn't show up
in Add/Remove list is the fault application (if your black space occurs
elsewhere than between F And G.

I can't tell how relieved I was to solve this problem so easily, especially
with all the suggestions about virus or spyware at the root cause (which I
knew was not the case running a clean and well-protected OS).
Anonymous
April 6, 2005 1:38:12 AM

line 226, "Remove the White Space from Add or Remove":

"How to Manually Remove Programs from the Add or Remove Programs Tool"
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314481

"raymondwerner" <raymondwerner@donotspam.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone else experienced similar problems:
> When looking at my Add/Remove Programs list, not all the programs are listed
> in it. How do I remove a program that doesn't show up in this list?
> Also, My Add/Remove Programs list has an absolutely HUGE gap in the center
> of the list. I have to scroll down for 5-10 seconds before the remainder of
> the Programs are displayed in the list.

Anonymous
April 6, 2005 1:38:13 AM

"Taurarian" wrote:

> line 226, "Remove the White Space from Add or Remove":
>
> "How to Manually Remove Programs from the Add or Remove Programs Tool"
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314481

Neither solution (previously offered) had any effect on the black bar space
issue for me. Besides, those instructions are extremely vague and dangerous
for anyone to try and misinterpeting the registry editing.
!