blank screen with icons and taskbar...

hi
i am having this problem with my desktop.... the backround is there but it
is being covered by a white screen... i have all the icons and the taskbar.
When i right click on the white screen and go to properties there is no info
then i go to the very top of the screen and right click and it brings of my
desktop options.. can you please tell me how to get rid of the white screen
and get my regular desktop screen back?

You might want to try the following:
Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Display.
On the Desktop page select "Customize Desktop".
Click on the Web tab.
If you see any entries besides "My Current Home Page" click on
them and select Delete.
Uncheck "Lock desktop items".
Click OK twice.

--