Liverpool agree fee for Morientes

Real Madrid have confirmed they have agreed a £6.3m deal with
Liverpool for their striker Fernando Morientes.

Morientes, 28, has agreed a four-and-a-half-year contract and will
sign subject to a medical on Thursday.

The Spain international could then complete his move in time to make
his Reds debut at home to Manchester United in Saturday's Premiership
game.

Liverpool will pay £5.5m initially but the fee will rise to the full
asking price depending on certain clauses.

More at:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/4127559.stm

--
Miljenko [milcrnko at inet dot hr]

np: Laufer - Govorim u snu

Miljenko wrote:

> Real Madrid have confirmed they have agreed a £6.3m deal with
> Liverpool for their striker Fernando Morientes.

The important question is: Will he be Moriented* the moment he makes the move?

*Moriented - the instant dip in goal-scoring form after having been transferred out of Real
Madrid for a princely sum as seen in versions of CMs.

The Wielder of the Scythe wrote:

> Miljenko wrote:
>

>>Real Madrid have confirmed they have agreed a £6.3m deal with
>>Liverpool for their striker Fernando Morientes.
>

> The important question is: Will he be Moriented* the moment he makes the move?
>
> *Moriented - the instant dip in goal-scoring form after having been transferred out of Real
> Madrid for a princely sum as seen in versions of CMs.

Noticed that myself, so I haven`t made a bid for him. Pongolle is
hammering in goals...along with Crespo at my liverpool team. Got Crespo,
Veron, Michael Dawson and Rohan Ricketts for £11 mill....

Mr. Pink