Auto attach to domain after normal workgroup login?

April 5, 2005 5:53:43 PM

I'm trying to preserve the friendly face of the XP Welcome Screen yet allow
workgroup users to login automatically to their own account on a Windows
Server 2003 domain server.

I have created identical accounts on the local machines and the server. IS
there any way to allow the login to the domain to happen automatically after
logging in to the local computer? Hopefully without using VPN.

Also would this allow me to change eg. the "My Documents" setting to the
domain user rather than the local user directory? How about Exchange Server
setup? Just trying to anticipate any further difficulties down the track...
Anonymous
April 5, 2005 5:53:44 PM

No. Domain membership disables the Welcome screen, as expected behavior.

--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509

!