Windows 2000 for BaseStation computer?

I'm currently running my basestation on a windows98
machine but i'm about to replace it with a windows2000
machine. i recall some language in the documentation that
said the basestation couldn't be used with windows 2000.
is there an update available now that 'fixes' that? what
would happen if i tried it on windows2000?

any info is appreciated,
Delaware

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

2. System Requirements - MS broadband hardware
To install this release, you need a computer that is running one of the
following Microsoft operating systems:

Windows XP Home
Windows XP Professional
Windows 2000 Professional
Windows Millennium Edition
Windows 98 Second Edition
Windows 98 (If your computer is running Windows 98, ensure that it has
the latest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer installed before you
run the Update Wizard. For information about updating Internet
Explorer, go to http://www.microsoft.com/ie. Also note that the
Microsoft Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter (MN-710) does not support Windows
98.)
The Microsoft Broadband Networking software does not support Windows
Server 2003.