Hello, I'm at my witts and pulling out what's left of my hair.

Problem: I plug in devices into my com ports, and it's like nothing is
there. The computer will not respond or activate them. In device
manager they are listed and say everything is fine. There are no irq
conflicts, nothing set wrong in bios, using the updated bios. They
were working fine for months, and suddenly one day, the com ports
became non responsive.

Attempted solutions: tried multipled devices and multiple cables,
updated bios, started computer in safe mode deleting com ports and
restarting windows, taken all devices out of machine and reformatting.

I don't know what else to do? Does anybody have any suggestions?
Please help me save what's left of my hair.

-Dan :confused: :( :confused:

--
PhoenixF2B

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 00:03:25 +0000, PhoenixF2B
<PhoenixF2B.1n031t@pcbanter.net> wrote:

>Hello, I'm at my witts and pulling out what's left of my hair.
>
>Problem: I plug in devices into my com ports, and it's like nothing is
>there. The computer will not respond or activate them. In device
>manager they are listed and say everything is fine. There are no irq
>conflicts, nothing set wrong in bios, using the updated bios. They
>were working fine for months, and suddenly one day, the com ports
>became non responsive.
>
>Attempted solutions: tried multipled devices and multiple cables,
>updated bios, started computer in safe mode deleting com ports and
>restarting windows, taken all devices out of machine and reformatting.
>

>I don't know what else to do? Does anybody have any suggestions?
>Please help me save what's left of my hair.

Can you open the port using hyperterminal? Do you get the port
not found or port already in use error? some software that is
installed to support PDAs and such have a serial "hot sync"
application that will grab the port on bootup and prevent other
applications from using it.