User Accounts / Outlook Express - help needed!

Jan

Hello

I've just got a new computer which came with Windows XP so I'm new to all
the 'User Accounts' stuff.
I've set up two user accounts which is fine but I'm having trouble
organising Outlook Express.
Whenever the person who is logged in opens Outlook Express, they receive the
incoming mail. The mail is sorted into our folders by message rules. (All
emails are received at the same time as we share an email address, just
changing the name that prefixes @.)
However, the emails only show on that users Outlook Express, not the
other's.
Therefore, currently the other user has to keep logging in to the other
users account to check whether they have any emails stored there.
This may be something really simple but I just can't work it out so any help
would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks.

Jan,

That's the way a multi-user OS operates. See if this guide helps you
accomplish what you need:

Backup and Restore Your OE Mail, News and Settings
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_oe_backup.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Jan" <jan@mozphere.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I've just got a new computer which came with Windows XP so I'm new to all
> the 'User Accounts' stuff.
> I've set up two user accounts which is fine but I'm having trouble
> organising Outlook Express.
> Whenever the person who is logged in opens Outlook Express, they receive
> the incoming mail. The mail is sorted into our folders by message rules.
> (All emails are received at the same time as we share an email address,
> just changing the name that prefixes @.)
> However, the emails only show on that users Outlook Express, not the
> other's.
> Therefore, currently the other user has to keep logging in to the other
> users account to check whether they have any emails stored there.
> This may be something really simple but I just can't work it out so any
> help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Many thanks.

Jan

Ramesh

After hours of trying to resolve this issue and getting nowhere you've
directed me to a guide that tells me everything I need to know. Hurrah!
Thankyou so much.

> Jan,
>
> That's the way a multi-user OS operates. See if this guide helps you
> accomplish what you need:
>
> Backup and Restore Your OE Mail, News and Settings
> http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_oe_backup.htm
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Jan" <jan@mozphere.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hello
>>
>> I've just got a new computer which came with Windows XP so I'm new to all
>> the 'User Accounts' stuff.
>> I've set up two user accounts which is fine but I'm having trouble
>> organising Outlook Express.
>> Whenever the person who is logged in opens Outlook Express, they receive
>> the incoming mail. The mail is sorted into our folders by message rules.
>> (All emails are received at the same time as we share an email address,
>> just changing the name that prefixes @.)
>> However, the emails only show on that users Outlook Express, not the
>> other's.
>> Therefore, currently the other user has to keep logging in to the other
>> users account to check whether they have any emails stored there.
>> This may be something really simple but I just can't work it out so any
>> help would be greatly appreciated!
>>
>> Many thanks.

Very welcome, Jan.

--