Adding existing programs to new XP User Accounts

My firewall program has disappeared from my account on my PC. I'm using XP
HomeEdition. The firewall used to start up automatically when I opened my
account - now I can't even find it! There is no reference to it on the Start
Programs menu.
However other accounts are running the firewall properly - so I know that it
is still around somewhere.
How can I add this program to my account? And what could have removed it in
the first place??

Hi,

Go to the Control Panel/networking, right-click your connection and select
properties. The firewall settings will be on the advanced tab.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Terry Ward" <Terry Ward@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My firewall program has disappeared from my account on my PC. I'm using XP
> HomeEdition. The firewall used to start up automatically when I opened my
> account - now I can't even find it! There is no reference to it on the
> Start
> Programs menu.
> However other accounts are running the firewall properly - so I know that
> it
> is still around somewhere.
> How can I add this program to my account? And what could have removed it
> in
> the first place??

Rick,
thanks for the reply - I'm afraid it didn't answer my question though!

I want to make a program (ZoneAlarm firewall) available to my account on my
PC. The program does exist on my PC - it works fine on other accounts. I
just want to make this program available to my account - and preferably make
it start automatically.

Any ideas?
Cheers,
Terry
"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Go to the Control Panel/networking, right-click your connection and select
> properties. The firewall settings will be on the advanced tab.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Terry Ward" <Terry Ward@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My firewall program has disappeared from my account on my PC. I'm using XP
> > HomeEdition. The firewall used to start up automatically when I opened my
> > account - now I can't even find it! There is no reference to it on the
> > Start
> > Programs menu.
> > However other accounts are running the firewall properly - so I know that
> > it
> > is still around somewhere.
> > How can I add this program to my account? And what could have removed it
> > in
> > the first place??

Uninstall ZA and reinstall. If you are using the free version, make
sure you have the latest version.

"Terry Ward" <TerryWard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I want to make a program (ZoneAlarm firewall) available to my account on my
>PC. The program does exist on my PC - it works fine on other accounts. I
>just want to make this program available to my account - and preferably make
>it start automatically.

Hi Terry,

Just reinstall it while logged into your account. Some software just works
that way.