account restricted?

when i run norton anti virus. i am trying to turn on the intrusion detector.
when i click on it it come up with this message "failed to save settings.
Please verify your windows account is not restricted. I am the administrator
on this computer. also on some of my documents and just different saved
files, it will tell me " access denied". could someone please tell me what
or how to fix this.
--
DANA DRAGO

Hi,

As to the access denied messages, this is a permissions issue and you need
to take ownership. Please see this link on "taking ownership" of a folder:
http://rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Taking_ownership

It is likely the same problem with the Norton issue in that it is attempting
to save the settings in a folder where the account you are running does not
have write permissions.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"deeplydistrubed" <deeplydistrubed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E3DEA8D2-59E7-401D-A38B-A5C512F98E60@microsoft.com...
> when i run norton anti virus. i am trying to turn on the intrusion
> detector.
> when i click on it it come up with this message "failed to save settings.
> Please verify your windows account is not restricted. I am the
> administrator
> on this computer. also on some of my documents and just different saved
> files, it will tell me " access denied". could someone please tell me
> what
> or how to fix this.
> --
> DANA DRAGO

For the Norton issue:

Error: "Failed to save settings. Please verify that your Windows account is
not restricted." when turning on Intrusion Detection:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip.nsf/16c1d01d537bf4d188256d8e0076b346/db8edb6d356549a288256e7e005994a8?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam

Symantec Search: Keyword "failed to save settings"
http://search.symantec.com/custom/us/query.html

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User