Cannot delete Win98 after XP install

I have just had to reinstall Windows 98 to do an upgrade to XP. When XP
installed it did not delete 98 and I need to clean it up off the hard drive.
How do I do this? Every startup now prompts for either 98 or XP and I have
to choose.

HOW TO Edit the Boot.ini File in Windows XP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q289022

Remove the line for the old OS in [operating systems] by going to Start/Run, and typing C:\BOOT.INI Be sure 'default=' points to the
new OS (or) In XP, press WinKey-Break,(or start/run 'sysdm.cpl'), Advanced Tab, "Start Up and Recovery" area, Settings button, then
edit the old line out with the edit button. Reboot, and delete the files for the old OS. Don't format C:, you will need some stuff
in the C: root.
--

Mark L. Ferguson (NOT an MS-MVP)
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509