MY PC said "Please wait..................." for a long time

My computer booted very slowly this morning, then a lighter blue window
popped up with dark blue bars top and bottom. A message said "Please
wait..................................."

After several minutes it booted to a logon screnn.

What was it doing at the please wait....... stage?
Is my (5 yr old) computer ready to die?

Mich

Mikey

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Did it only do it that one time, or does it do it every time you put the
computer on now?

M Skabialka wrote:

> My computer booted very slowly this morning, then a lighter blue window
> popped up with dark blue bars top and bottom. A message said "Please
> wait..................................."
>
> After several minutes it booted to a logon screnn.
>
> What was it doing at the please wait....... stage?
> Is my (5 yr old) computer ready to die?
>
> Mich

Hi

With a 5yr old PC, the specs for XP may not be enough. Could you please
post the specs of your PC here - you may be looking at a new PC for XP to
run properly if your current configuration doesn't allow enough
upgradeability.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"M Skabialka" <mskabialka@NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote in message
> My computer booted very slowly this morning, then a lighter blue window
> popped up with dark blue bars top and bottom. A message said "Please
> wait..................................."
>
> After several minutes it booted to a logon screnn.
>
> What was it doing at the please wait....... stage?
> Is my (5 yr old) computer ready to die?
>
> Mich

Dell Pentium III, 930 MHz, 512 MB RAM, 20 GB HDD, 15% free...
It's been running XP for over two years. The last thing I added was Visual
Studio 2003.

Was this the last straw?

> Hi
>
> With a 5yr old PC, the specs for XP may not be enough. Could you please
> post the specs of your PC here - you may be looking at a new PC for XP to
> run properly if your current configuration doesn't allow enough
> upgradeability.
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups.
>

> "M Skabialka" <mskabialka@NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote in message
>> My computer booted very slowly this morning, then a lighter blue window
>> popped up with dark blue bars top and bottom. A message said "Please
>> wait..................................."
>>
>> After several minutes it booted to a logon screnn.
>>
>> What was it doing at the please wait....... stage?
>> Is my (5 yr old) computer ready to die?
>>
>> Mich

johnf

Uninstall it for a start & see what happens then. I'm not familiar with that
program, so don't know the physical size installed.
Otherwise, your system has plenty of grunt to run XP.
It wouldn't do any harm to dowload "SequoiaView" to give you a visual view
of which programs are using all the space -
http://www.win.tue.nl/sequoiaview/

--

johnf