Outlook start-up funny

April 5, 2005 11:45:02 AM

When I start Outlook it comes back with the message: add-in c:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\Office\SBCMSYNC.dll could not be loaded or installed.
Problem maybe resolved by using Detect and repair on Help menu.

Thdetect and repair does not do anything to this problem. I have it since 2
months, it started spontaneously, I believe close to the time when I
installed the beta version for anti-spyware from MS.

But Outlook seems to be functioning fine but the message keeps coming up.

Any tips how to fix this?

Hans

More about : outlook start funny

Anonymous
April 5, 2005 8:37:34 PM

Hi

Have a look at this

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;257882

Cheers

Derek

"Hans" <Hans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I start Outlook it comes back with the message: add-in c:\Program
> Files\Microsoft Office\Office\SBCMSYNC.dll could not be loaded or
> installed.
> Problem maybe resolved by using Detect and repair on Help menu.
>
> Thdetect and repair does not do anything to this problem. I have it since
> 2
> months, it started spontaneously, I believe close to the time when I
> installed the beta version for anti-spyware from MS.
>
> But Outlook seems to be functioning fine but the message keeps coming up.
>
> Any tips how to fix this?
>
> Hans
April 5, 2005 8:37:35 PM

Hello Derek
Thank you very much, it worked like a dream!
Kind regards
Hans

!