donald

I uninstalled all the GAIN* programs but I still get their popup ads. I did a
search of files and the following came up but I am afraid to extract them
because they may be part of the WIDOWS program.
gain96.dsp C:\i386\MODEM.CAB
gainwt.dsp C:\i386\MODEM.CAB
gain96.dsp C:\WINDOW\I386\MODEM.CAB
gainwt.dsp C:\WINDOW\I386\MODEM.CAB
Has anyone had a similar problem and how was it corrected?

We have had that pesky gain....I went to the registry...did a GAIN
search...and deleted folders until no new searches displayed anything....it
worked after the reboot....this was after using the removal tool from
Symantec.
"Donald" wrote:

> I uninstalled all the GAIN* programs but I still get their popup ads. I did a
> search of files and the following came up but I am afraid to extract them
> because they may be part of the WIDOWS program.
> gain96.dsp C:\i386\MODEM.CAB
> gainwt.dsp C:\i386\MODEM.CAB
> gain96.dsp C:\WINDOW\I386\MODEM.CAB
> gainwt.dsp C:\WINDOW\I386\MODEM.CAB
> Has anyone had a similar problem and how was it corrected?

Hi

Please try the following programs to search for any spyware that may be on
your system:

Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/
CWShredder - http://forum.aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip