what sort of error message is this?

April 5, 2005 9:44:19 PM

it's something I've never seen before and doesn't let me install some
microsoft stuff

Error creating process c:\docume~1\NUT\Local
Settings\Temp\IXP000.TMP\javatrig.exe /l exe_install /vercheck>. Reason:
INDOWS\system32\advpack.dll

That's a message a get when trying to install microsoft java but it happens
for other things too.

More about : sort error message

Anonymous
April 6, 2005 4:28:09 AM

Nobody? I do need a bit of help fixing this little prob. Sorry to seem
impatient.

"John Semple" <john.semple@onetel.net> wrote in message
> it's something I've never seen before and doesn't let me install some
> microsoft stuff
>
> Error creating process c:\docume~1\NUT\Local
> Settings\Temp\IXP000.TMP\javatrig.exe /l exe_install /vercheck>. Reason:
> INDOWS\system32\advpack.dll
>
> That's a message a get when trying to install microsoft java but it
> happens for other things too.

April 7, 2005 12:49:19 AM

> Nobody? I do need a bit of help fixing this little prob. Sorry to seem
> impatient.
>

> "John Semple" <john.semple@onetel.net> wrote in message
>> it's something I've never seen before and doesn't let me install some
>> microsoft stuff
>>
>> Error creating process c:\docume~1\NUT\Local
>> Settings\Temp\IXP000.TMP\javatrig.exe /l exe_install /vercheck>. Reason:
>> INDOWS\system32\advpack.dll
>>
>> That's a message a get when trying to install microsoft java but it
>> happens for other things too.

Don't know if this is the same sort of thing but might be worth a go.
http://www.hooznet.com/m.p.w.help_and_support/Problems-...

Mook
Anonymous
April 7, 2005 2:17:51 AM

I guess that page isn't the solution. Can't seem to find that advpack in any
of the *.cab files. *screams*

news:D 31ecc$4e0$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...

!