what sort of error message is this?

it's something I've never seen before and doesn't let me install some
microsoft stuff

Error creating process c:\docume~1\NUT\Local
Settings\Temp\IXP000.TMP\javatrig.exe /l exe_install /vercheck>. Reason:
INDOWS\system32\advpack.dll

That's a message a get when trying to install microsoft java but it happens
for other things too.
3 answers Last reply
More about what sort error message this

    Nobody? I do need a bit of help fixing this little prob. Sorry to seem
    impatient.

    > Nobody? I do need a bit of help fixing this little prob. Sorry to seem
    > impatient.
    >

    > "John Semple" <john.semple@onetel.net> wrote in message
    >> it's something I've never seen before and doesn't let me install some
    >> microsoft stuff
    >>
    >> Error creating process c:\docume~1\NUT\Local
    >> Settings\Temp\IXP000.TMP\javatrig.exe /l exe_install /vercheck>. Reason:
    >> INDOWS\system32\advpack.dll
    >>
    >> That's a message a get when trying to install microsoft java but it
    >> happens for other things too.

    Don't know if this is the same sort of thing but might be worth a go.
    http://www.hooznet.com/m.p.w.help_and_support/Problems-wuW.shtml

    Mook

    I guess that page isn't the solution. Can't seem to find that advpack in any
    of the *.cab files. *screams*

    "Mook" <nospam@here.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "John Semple" <john.semple@onetel.net> wrote in message
    >> Nobody? I do need a bit of help fixing this little prob. Sorry to seem
    >> impatient.
    >>

    >> "John Semple" <john.semple@onetel.net> wrote in message
    >>> it's something I've never seen before and doesn't let me install some
    >>> microsoft stuff
    >>>
    >>> Error creating process c:\docume~1\NUT\Local
    >>> Settings\Temp\IXP000.TMP\javatrig.exe /l exe_install /vercheck>. Reason:
    >>> INDOWS\system32\advpack.dll
    >>>
    >>> That's a message a get when trying to install microsoft java but it
    >>> happens for other things too.
    >>>

    > Don't know if this is the same sort of thing but might be worth a go.
    > http://www.hooznet.com/m.p.w.help_and_support/Problems-wuW.shtml
    >
    > Mook

Support Microsoft Error Message Windows XP