Need help with virus

Hi, I have a pretty big problem with my computer. I'm sure I have a virus,
but I dont know which one, because I can't open my virus scanner(I had
Mcaffee installed). I can't open system restore, internet explorer, or help
and support, but everything else works fine. Anyone know what I should do?
thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about need virus

    Clean Install Windows XP

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User
    Microsoft Newsgroups

    In news:547BB17B-4E07-4EA3-AD51-9B72DB9E56D8@microsoft.com,
    pierce <pierce@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > Hi, I have a pretty big problem with my computer. I'm sure I have a
    > virus, but I dont know which one, because I can't open my virus
    > scanner(I had Mcaffee installed). I can't open system restore,
    > internet explorer, or help and support, but everything else works
    > fine. Anyone know what I should do? thanks

    Download a new AV product, install it, update it, and scan with it in safe
    mode...

    Virus:
    www.grisoft.com - AVG
    www.antivir.com - AntiVir
    http://www.my-etrust.com/microsoft/index.cfm - CA eTrust

    Spyware:
    www.lavasoft.de - AdAware
    http://security.kolla.de/ - Spybot
    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx -
    Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta

    Trojan:
    www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/ - a Squared
    http://swatit.org/ Swat It

    In the Spyware category take two or three, they're small... :)

    Galen

Internet Explorer Virus Support Windows XP