Can't save file to shared folder

kelly

We recently took one of our old pc's and turned it into a
shared resource. There is a folder called Share where we
store files that can be accessed by anyone. When we
create a new file to place in Share, it won't let us save
it directly. It has to be saved on our local machine
first, then it can be saved on the share. How do we
change this. The old system we had set up would let us
save diretly. Not sure if it's the OS or not. Share
originally was a 2000 machine, now is on 98. Any help is
appreciated.

You should post to a more appropriate newsgroup, like perhaps the
microsoft.public.windows.network_web newsgroup where generally networking
questions are handled. This newsgroup supports Microsoft's Broadband
Networking hardware and software only.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

"Kelly" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We recently took one of our old pc's and turned it into a
> shared resource. There is a folder called Share where we
> store files that can be accessed by anyone. When we
> create a new file to place in Share, it won't let us save
> it directly. It has to be saved on our local machine
> first, then it can be saved on the share. How do we
> change this. The old system we had set up would let us
> save diretly. Not sure if it's the OS or not. Share
> originally was a 2000 machine, now is on 98. Any help is
> appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS