Hi, can you help me? I have an emachines computer that did not ship with a
boot disk or winxp cd. It has home edition. When i try to boot, it begins
booting xp, then an error comes up that says while trying to change the
password an error occurred. it says lsass.exe at the top. how should i go
about trying to fix this, is there some way to make an xp startup disk or
something? i cannot seem to boot in safe mode. Thanks,

"Phil Greendyk" <Phil Greendyk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi, can you help me? I have an emachines computer that did not ship with a
>boot disk or winxp cd. It has home edition. When i try to boot, it begins
>booting xp, then an error comes up that says while trying to change the
>password an error occurred. it says lsass.exe at the top. how should i go
>about trying to fix this, is there some way to make an xp startup disk or
>something? i cannot seem to boot in safe mode. Thanks,

Please make note of the complete *verbatim* text of the error message
and post that complete information back here.

There are tens of thousands (at least) of different possible error
messages that can be produced by Windows and often it is the presence,
or the absence, of a single word in the error message text that is the
essential clue as to what is going on.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--