how format usb drive?

Last response: in Computer Brands
January 29, 2005 12:46:28 AM

I have a USB external hard drive for back up. It was formatted by a Linux
server and nw when I plug it into my USB on my Windows XP PC it wont see the
drive. It recoginzes there is a HD there but it doesnt show up at all as
external storage in the drive list.

How do I go about formatting the external drive via USB?

thanks for any tip!

More about : format usb drive

Anonymous
January 29, 2005 1:41:11 AM

jtsnow wrote:
> I have a USB external hard drive for back up. It was formatted by a Linux
> server and nw when I plug it into my USB on my Windows XP PC it wont see the
> drive. It recoginzes there is a HD there but it doesnt show up at all as
> external storage in the drive list.
>
> How do I go about formatting the external drive via USB?
>
> thanks for any tip!

Open Disk Management. Highlight the partition that is
the USB drive. Format it.
!