how format usb drive?

I have a USB external hard drive for back up. It was formatted by a Linux
server and nw when I plug it into my USB on my Windows XP PC it wont see the
drive. It recoginzes there is a HD there but it doesnt show up at all as
external storage in the drive list.

How do I go about formatting the external drive via USB?

thanks for any tip!
1 answer Last reply
More about format drive

    jtsnow wrote:
    > I have a USB external hard drive for back up. It was formatted by a Linux
    > server and nw when I plug it into my USB on my Windows XP PC it wont see the
    > drive. It recoginzes there is a HD there but it doesnt show up at all as
    > external storage in the drive list.
    >
    > How do I go about formatting the external drive via USB?
    >
    > thanks for any tip!

    Open Disk Management. Highlight the partition that is
    the USB drive. Format it.

Dell USB External Hard Drive Computers