explore.exe application error

When I click on "my computer", "my documents" or "my
briefcase"- the icon or from the start menu, this error
message pops up: The instruction at "0x01670065"
referenced memory at "0x00000000" the memory card could
not be "written".

Does anyone know why this is happening? And how can I
correct the error?

Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about explore application error

    First, eliminate malware and see if that helps. Run these cleaners:

    1. Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com

    2. SpyBot S&D
    http://www.safer-networking.org

    3. CWShredder

    Update 1 & 2 before running a scan.

    Clean-up Windows Startup:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm

    Then, run a full system virus scan with fully updated definitions. Try Trend
    Micro's Sysclean package (free), it's capable of eliminating keyloggers,
    trojans etc.

    Generic Trojan / Adware Infestation Removal Procedure:

    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "nicole702" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I click on "my computer", "my documents" or "my
    > briefcase"- the icon or from the start menu, this error
    > message pops up: The instruction at "0x01670065"
    > referenced memory at "0x00000000" the memory card could
    > not be "written".
    >
    > Does anyone know why this is happening? And how can I
    > correct the error?
    >
    > Thanks!

Windows XP