Run DLL Error During Start up

Hello,

I have Windows XP Home Edition on a Dell Computer, and every time I start up
the computer, I get an error message that says "RUN DLL C:/Window/System32
INVCPI.dll Invalid Access to Memory Location." Can anyone help me to resolve
this error message? I've run the virus scan, the adware and spyware scans,
and it says my computer is clean, but this seems to be what people tell me
the problem is. Could there be another reason why I'm receiving this error
message or what else can I do to resolve it?

Any help is most appreciated!!

Thank you very much!!!
--
Lynn
1 answer Last reply

    Lynn,

    Invcpl.dll is an unknown module, and _may_ be a malware. Run these malware
    cleaners, to be sure:

    1. Ad-Aware
    http://www.lavasoftusa.com

    2. SpyBot S&D
    http://www.safer-networking.org

    3. CWShredder

    Update 1 & 2 before running a scan.

    Clean-up Windows Startup:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm

    Then, run a full system virus scan with fully updated definitions. Try Trend
    Micro's Sysclean package (free), it's capable of eliminating keyloggers,
    trojans etc.

    Generic Trojan / Adware Infestation Removal Procedure:

    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "Lynn" <Lynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have Windows XP Home Edition on a Dell Computer, and every time I start
    > up
    > the computer, I get an error message that says "RUN DLL C:/Window/System32
    > INVCPI.dll Invalid Access to Memory Location." Can anyone help me to
    > resolve
    > this error message? I've run the virus scan, the adware and spyware
    > scans,
    > and it says my computer is clean, but this seems to be what people tell me
    > the problem is. Could there be another reason why I'm receiving this
    > error
    > message or what else can I do to resolve it?
    >
    > Any help is most appreciated!!
    >
    > Thank you very much!!!
    > --
    > Lynn