New XP install takes 25 minutes to boot

April 5, 2005 10:05:08 PM

Hey all!
Im building a PC for a friend and have decided to go with an intel chipset
this time rather than AMD which is what I normally use. This appears to be my
downfall.

OK The Specs are as follows:
Motherboard : ABIT IS7-V2
Processor : Intel 2.93G
HD : Maxtor 60G
Memory : 512MB Ultra
Video: NVidia XFX 5600 AGP 8X Card
Memorex DVD Burner
ASUS CD Player
Power up 400W Power Supply

---Here is my problem---

The computer boots all self test come up fine.

At the point that the PC goes to boot from the HD it sits there. It has the
flashing dash for 10 minutes. The screen goes black for a second then a large
white DOS progress bar appears at the bottom of the screen. This bar remains
there for a good 10-15 minutes. The bar gets about halfway across and then
the computer boots into windows XP pro and runs great. Does any one have any
clue what could be going on. I have searched and searched through CMOS and
just cant seem to find any issues at all!!
Anonymous
April 6, 2005 8:04:31 AM

Most obvious questions All the drivers installed, chipset etc? Latest
Bios?