unreliable mn-720 adapter

I have an HP laptop and am having a difficult time
getting my mn-720 wireless adapter to work properly all
of the time. I've downloaded the latest updates and
support I can find and have been able to connect using
the adapter a handful of times but if I restart my
computer the device no longer works and I have to plug in
to connect to the internet. Has anyone else gone through
this? Have any suggestions?

Have you checked with HP for updates on your laptop? I know there are a
couple manufacturers who have run into issues with external device support
on the PCMCIA slots and XP SP2. Most have updates available.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC