jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
I lost my broadband connection, which drives me nuts, because I usually end up running an Image. Now that I just change mobo and CPU that may not be a good ideal. With all the fooling around I could have format and install windows by now.

The new P4P800 mobo has a Nic, so I assum that should get me on the Net, even when I tried a Nic card I had the same problem. I don't have any problem install the driver to the Nic card that is on the mobo, but when I go to Create a new connection I have trouble.

1) Connect to the Net 2) Setup manually, but 3) the Connect using broadband is grayed out. I tried turning turning everything on in services, I tried install every Network connection that I could still find. What ever it is, it seems that Windows XP has to load it, which even with the driver install and Repair wouldn't fix it. It looks like it's time to format, but I'm wondering if that is going to change anything. Any ideals?

When you feel that reality does not suit you, live a fantasy life.

cneitz

Distinguished
May 1, 2003
services? be sure 'routing and remote access' are set either to manual or automatic, automatic to be sure. I once vpn'd into the server at the office, when I didn't need to anymore, I disabled the 'routing and remote access' service, which effectively cut off my broadband internet connection.

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
That's better I can see what I'm doing now, with the video driver installed. hehe

I did, I started everything that could be started. I don't know why when this happens it's so hard to get working again. I'm reinstalling the OS clean and I hope it works when its done. I'm a little concerned though, since I always had my cards in while loading the OS, which works good, but now the driver for the Nic might not get loaded, and I could be in trouble. I'll know shortly.

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
It's working, that's cool at least I didn't format for nothing. :smile: