NEED: Asteroids RAM

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Does anyone know where to get RAM chips for the Asteroids upright PCB?
The chips on my PCB are marked "AM9114BPC". From what I understand,
these are 2114A RAM chips. I am getting an audio error message telling
me that the RAM at PCB location E2 is no good.

Thanks!

Steve

Check out www.jameco.com or www.unicornelectronics.com

On 21 Aug 2005 16:15:26 -0700, "zap777" <steve_zap777@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Does anyone know where to get RAM chips for the Asteroids upright PCB?
>The chips on my PCB are marked "AM9114BPC". From what I understand,
>these are 2114A RAM chips. I am getting an audio error message telling
>me that the RAM at PCB location E2 is no good.

Try:

www.mikesarcade.com

or

www.arcadechips.com

mark

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Doe's anyone know which one i would have to replace if i don't have the fire
sound on my Asteroids board.Everything else works fine except for the fire
sound.I checked all the square green i forget what you call them.They look
like chiclets and they are ok.Which chip would i need to replace.?Any info
would help.Thanks in advance.
"zap777" <steve_zap777@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know where to get RAM chips for the Asteroids upright PCB?
> The chips on my PCB are marked "AM9114BPC". From what I understand,
> these are 2114A RAM chips. I am getting an audio error message telling
> me that the RAM at PCB location E2 is no good.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Steve

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

I had a similar prob with the ship & saucer's fire sound - ended up being a
bad 4016 IC at M9, replaced it with a $0.35 "4066" IC (newer IC, but pin
compatible, which I heard about on RGVAC) and it works like a charm. This
fixed both the ship and the UFO(s) fire sound.

"MARK" <MARKLINE@OPTONLINE.NET> wrote in message
> Doe's anyone know which one i would have to replace if i don't have the
> fire sound on my Asteroids board.Everything else works fine except for the
> fire sound.I checked all the square green i forget what you call them.They
> look like chiclets and they are ok.Which chip would i need to replace.?Any
> info would help.Thanks in advance.
> "zap777" <steve_zap777@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Does anyone know where to get RAM chips for the Asteroids upright PCB?
>> The chips on my PCB are marked "AM9114BPC". From what I understand,
>> these are 2114A RAM chips. I am getting an audio error message telling
>> me that the RAM at PCB location E2 is no good.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Steve

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

I ordered some RAM chips. We'll see what happens. Thanks to all for
your help.

Steve