My Windows XP slows very much and crasches 2-3 times weekly showing a blue
screen with white C:type text and counting number. MyTask Manager shows some
mysterious processes using cpu. For example
SERVIC~1.EXE and
BROADC~1.EXE
Ending the SERVIC process makes the computer much faster - but that can not
be the solution all time.
WHAT TO DO?

Steph

"takapiru" <kurt.linderoos@takapiru.fi.(donotspam)> wrote in message
> My Windows XP slows very much and crasches 2-3 times weekly showing a blue
> screen with white C:type text and counting number. MyTask Manager shows
> some
> mysterious processes using cpu. For example
> SERVIC~1.EXE and
> BROADC~1.EXE
> Ending the SERVIC process makes the computer much faster - but that can
> not
> be the solution all time.
> WHAT TO DO?

They look like suspicious entries.
Virus scan?
Check the startup folder
Check the registry at HKLM/sofware/microsoft/windows/current version/run and
run services and run services once
Check the registry at HKCU/sofware/microsoft/windows/current version/run and
run services and run services once

Random or mysterious process names may indicate a malware. These links might
help you:

Process Explorer to investigate running processes: (double-click on a
running process name and view the Image file name for the full path and
executable name)
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml

Generic Trojan / Adware Infestation Removal Procedure:

Trend Micro Sysclean package
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=10820

AVG Anti-Virus: (freeware)
http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_index.php