restore to factory

Hi everyone
to cut a VERY VERY VERY LONG story short here is my question

Is it dangerous to restore your computer back to factory settings a few
times in such a small period of time - 3 times in one month. It has already
been done twice due to computer being stuck in a loop when trying to upgrade
it.

i have xp home edition pre installed and i was hoping for the last time, to
restore it back to factory settings!! I just brought internet norton security
2005 and it loaded correctly but i had to take it off for certain reasons and
now it loads with many erros. i was hoping to start all over again!!!!

will any damage be done!! I have been told no that is what it is for but
even in such a small period of time - any advice would be great

thanks :)
1 answer Last reply
More about restore factory

    NO, it won't hurt anything. Watch the install process VERY closely as you
    go thru it: It shouldn't be that hard to get a stable installation.
    Your post sound like you didn't use Add/Remove or the Norton uninstaller
    to remove NOrton. Is that correct? If so, your method of program removal
    could be what's going wrong.

    Pop

    --
    Let someone else do it
    I'm retired!
    "The Aussie Girl" <TheAussieGirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi everyone
    > to cut a VERY VERY VERY LONG story short here is my question
    >
    > Is it dangerous to restore your computer back to factory settings a few
    > times in such a small period of time - 3 times in one month. It has
    > already
    > been done twice due to computer being stuck in a loop when trying to
    > upgrade
    > it.
    >
    > i have xp home edition pre installed and i was hoping for the last time,
    > restore it back to factory settings!! I just brought internet norton
    > security
    > 2005 and it loaded correctly but i had to take it off for certain reasons
    > and
    > now it loads with many erros. i was hoping to start all over again!!!!
    >
    > will any damage be done!! I have been told no that is what it is for but
    > even in such a small period of time - any advice would be great
    >
    > thanks :)

Factory Restore Windows XP