restore to factory

Tags:
  • Factory Restore
  • Windows XP
April 6, 2005 2:19:02 AM

Hi everyone
to cut a VERY VERY VERY LONG story short here is my question

Is it dangerous to restore your computer back to factory settings a few
times in such a small period of time - 3 times in one month. It has already
been done twice due to computer being stuck in a loop when trying to upgrade
it.

i have xp home edition pre installed and i was hoping for the last time, to
restore it back to factory settings!! I just brought internet norton security
2005 and it loaded correctly but i had to take it off for certain reasons and
now it loads with many erros. i was hoping to start all over again!!!!

will any damage be done!! I have been told no that is what it is for but
even in such a small period of time - any advice would be great

thanks :)

More about : restore factory

Anonymous
April 6, 2005 12:58:43 PM

NO, it won't hurt anything. Watch the install process VERY closely as you
go thru it: It shouldn't be that hard to get a stable installation.
Your post sound like you didn't use Add/Remove or the Norton uninstaller
to remove NOrton. Is that correct? If so, your method of program removal
could be what's going wrong.

Pop

--
Let someone else do it