IE Script Errors with NIS 2005

Thought I'd try over here since Symantec's customer support can't stop
sending me canned responses.

I get IE script errors when attempting to configure the Personal Firewall
feature in Norton Internet Security 2005. This is causing the program to hang
(indefinately) when attempting to scan for programs.

Any suggestions?

Hi Andirach,

This might be a Norton specific issue. Try here for the exact error message:
http://search.symantec.com/custom/us/query.html

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Andirach" <Andirach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thought I'd try over here since Symantec's customer support can't stop
> sending me canned responses.
>
> I get IE script errors when attempting to configure the Personal Firewall
> feature in Norton Internet Security 2005. This is causing the program to
> hang
> (indefinately) when attempting to scan for programs.
>
> Any suggestions?

Allow me to elaborate.
So far in the last 3 weeks, under instructions from Symantec's Technical
Support, I have:
1) Uninstalled and reinstalled NIS completely, including using MSI cleanup
utility -
I have done so 5 times
2) I have reinstalled Windows Script
3)I have reinstalled Internet Explorer

Their last email missive instructs me to uninstall and reinstall AGAIN.
Failing that, I can pay to phone their live Tech Support, or return the
product for a refund.

Now, I'm stubborn. I don't want much, I just want the $60 I paid for this
program to do some good. :p

Any advice?