Gauntlet Ram question

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

I have several bad ic's in the area of 6c-6k & 7c-7k on a gauntlet
board. The chips look to be a Fujitsu part # MB8168-55 and the manual
calls them a 1MS1420L. Its a 20 pin ic. What is a suitable
replacement? I did a google search before posting and could not find
the info I was looking for.

TIA,
Troy

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Thats what I was afraid of.....

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Would one of these work?
2168 20 4,096 x 4 70ns
21C68-45 20 4,096 x 4 45ns (CMOS)

Troy

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

Thanks Matt....

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade,rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

The faster CMOS one should work fine.
Also search for 6168.

Matt

<takeman@comcast.net> wrote

In article <1124691183.908799.283950@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
<takeman@comcast.net> wrote:
> I have several bad ic's in the area of 6c-6k & 7c-7k on a gauntlet
>board. The chips look to be a Fujitsu part # MB8168-55 and the manual
>calls them a 1MS1420L. Its a 20 pin ic. What is a suitable
>replacement?

They are 4k x 4 SRAMs. Not easy to come by and not cheap. You'll
probably have to get them from a chip distributor and buy $200 worth
(about 16 chips).

--
Please see my arcade and pinball items for sale:
http://www.videoracer.com/forsale/