How to re-enter something into Windows Task Manager "Proce..

I managed to click the wrong button on a McAfee security suite pop-up
notification that was asking for permission to grant something access to the
internet using javaw.exe. In doing so, I (1) denied access instead of
granting it, (2) told the program not to ask me the question again, and (3)
thereby managed, evidently, to delete javaw.exe from "Processes," where it
had been established and running just fine up until then. I cannot find any
instruction anywhere that tells me how, exactly, to get something back into
"Processes." Searching for javaw.exe on the "C" drive and then opening or
running it doesn't help--nothing happens. What's the answer? (I'm running
XP Home on a new Pentium IV computer.)
2 answers Last reply
More about enter windows task manager proce

    Have you tried reading the mcAfee readme or manual ?

    "Arvid" <arvid@phlebitis.com> wrote in message
    >I managed to click the wrong button on a McAfee security suite pop-up
    > notification that was asking for permission to grant something access to
    > the
    > internet using javaw.exe. In doing so, I (1) denied access instead of
    > granting it, (2) told the program not to ask me the question again, and
    > (3)
    > thereby managed, evidently, to delete javaw.exe from "Processes," where it
    > had been established and running just fine up until then. I cannot find
    > any
    > instruction anywhere that tells me how, exactly, to get something back
    > into
    > "Processes." Searching for javaw.exe on the "C" drive and then opening or
    > running it doesn't help--nothing happens. What's the answer? (I'm
    > running
    > XP Home on a new Pentium IV computer.)

    That is where I went first. As is typical with user guides for most
    software, the McAfee user guide is not especially intuitive in its
    organization and does not cover much that is out of the very usual. Readme
    did not help, either.
    "frank" wrote:

    > Have you tried reading the mcAfee readme or manual ?
    >

    > "Arvid" <arvid@phlebitis.com> wrote in message
    > >I managed to click the wrong button on a McAfee security suite pop-up
    > > notification that was asking for permission to grant something access to
    > > the
    > > internet using javaw.exe. In doing so, I (1) denied access instead of
    > > granting it, (2) told the program not to ask me the question again, and
    > > (3)
    > > thereby managed, evidently, to delete javaw.exe from "Processes," where it
    > > had been established and running just fine up until then. I cannot find
    > > any
    > > instruction anywhere that tells me how, exactly, to get something back
    > > into
    > > "Processes." Searching for javaw.exe on the "C" drive and then opening or
    > > running it doesn't help--nothing happens. What's the answer? (I'm
    > > running
    > > XP Home on a new Pentium IV computer.)

Task Manager Windows XP