My current laptop has been getting some more issues recently, mouse buttons not working well, the D-key not working well, the sound randomly goes up and down, and it overheats frequently, so really too many issues to bother to try and get it fixed (my 2 year insurance ended recently)
I want to buy a new laptop, and currently got my eye on the HP DV7-6190ed-2nd i7-2630QM (1000 euros), because it pretty much seems to be the only laptop in nearby stores that fits with my price range
I would also like to know if it's worth waiting 1 or 2 months to buy one, because although my current laptop is rather broken, it's still usable
If newer or better laptops will come out within 2 months, or current laptops will be lowered in price by then, then I wouldn't mind waiting a bit
Answers on the FAQ:
1. What is your budget?
About 900-1000 euros, willing to go up to 1100 euros if it's really worth it
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
1600x900 seems quite nice
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
Don't care too much
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Team Fortress 2, Skyrim (medium)
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
photo/video/audio editting, programming, game map making, watching kitten videos, running some servers, and pretty much anything else
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
mycom.nl, dynabyte.nl, bol.com, I bought my previous laptop in a physical store, which I think I prefer cause it's nice to be able to go somewhere when it breaks
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
none, though a dvd writer would be handy
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I've got good experiences with toshiba, bad experiences with acer
13. What country do you live in?
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I've still got 8gb spare laptop ram (2x 4gb) that i could put in a new laptop
If possible I would like a laptop with 2 hdd slots
Well it depends. In one to two months most companies will be well in their way of replacing current models with 3rd generation Intel core chips (ivy bridge). Is it worth it to wait for these?
It depends on what you'd like. This generation doesn't improve much over the 2nd gen chip in pure processing performance. Rather, these have lower power requirements (better battery life) and much better integrated graphics. However, you said you don't care about battery life that much and want to game a little. I would suggest getting something with dedicated graphics rather than integrated graphics (although Intel apparently improved theirs greatly).
In that case, I would say, no. You don't need to wait as much as you need to look for something with a modest graphics card
I would wait because the new Ivy Bridge laptops that comes with a discrete graphic card will likely be using the nVidia GT 600 series which offers better performance than the older GT 500 series in the range you are looking to spend.