Windows Cannot Find MSCONFIG

I cannot access MSCONFIG from the run command. I can access it when I type
in the full path: %Systemroot%\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\msconfig.exe

I have no problems accessing REGEDIT or DXDIAG from the run command.

I cannot find MSCONFIG.EXE under apps path in the registry.

I have done a complete system scan with NAV and there are NO viruses on my
computer.

What's going on here? Why can't I access MSCONFIG? How do I solve this
problem?

Please Help!
14 answers Last reply
More about windows find msconfig

    Hi Dummie,

    This happens if the App Paths MSConfig.exe is missing. Open Regedit.exe and
    navigate to:

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths]

    Create a new sub-key named "MSCONFIG.EXE"

    Then, select this key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
    Paths\MSCONFIG.EXE

    In the right-pane, double-click (default) and type the full path to
    MSConfig.exe

    Example:
    C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Dummie" <mwmcmichael@yahoo.com.nospam> wrote in message
    >I cannot access MSCONFIG from the run command. I can access it when I type
    > in the full path: %Systemroot%\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\msconfig.exe
    >
    > I have no problems accessing REGEDIT or DXDIAG from the run command.
    >
    > I cannot find MSCONFIG.EXE under apps path in the registry.
    >
    > I have done a complete system scan with NAV and there are NO viruses on my
    > computer.
    >
    > What's going on here? Why can't I access MSCONFIG? How do I solve this
    > problem?
    >
    > Please Help!

    Ramesh,

    Thanks for trying to help. How do I know where the "full path" to
    MSCONFIG.EXE is located - according to Windows it was apparently deleted.

    In your reply you gave me an "example" path to MSCONFIG.EXE. Are you
    telling me that this is the path I should type in the registry or is this
    just an example of a path where MSCONFIG.EXE might be located? I'm
    confused.

    I would have thought that I would have to replace this program since it was
    deleted. You make is sound like MSCONFIG.EXE is still in my computer but
    the path to this program was deleted. Which is it?

    Thanks.

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Hi Dummie,
    >
    > This happens if the App Paths MSConfig.exe is missing. Open Regedit.exe and
    > navigate to:
    >
    > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths]
    >
    > Create a new sub-key named "MSCONFIG.EXE"
    >
    > Then, select this key:
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
    > Paths\MSCONFIG.EXE
    >
    > In the right-pane, double-click (default) and type the full path to
    > MSConfig.exe
    >
    > Example:
    > C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Dummie" <mwmcmichael@yahoo.com.nospam> wrote in message
    > >I cannot access MSCONFIG from the run command. I can access it when I type
    > > in the full path: %Systemroot%\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\msconfig.exe
    > >
    > > I have no problems accessing REGEDIT or DXDIAG from the run command.
    > >
    > > I cannot find MSCONFIG.EXE under apps path in the registry.
    > >
    > > I have done a complete system scan with NAV and there are NO viruses on my
    > > computer.
    > >
    > > What's going on here? Why can't I access MSCONFIG? How do I solve this
    > > problem?
    > >
    > > Please Help!

    Dummie,

    You initially stated:

    " I can access it when I type in the full path:
    %Systemroot%\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\msconfig.exe"

    So, anyone would assume that the file is present.

    >> this is the path I should type in the registry or is this just an example
    >> of a path where MSCONFIG.EXE might be located?

    Mine is "G:\Windows\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\msconfig.exe"

    Yours may be (depending on the drive and folder name where Windows is
    installed)

    > Ramesh,
    >
    > Thanks for trying to help. How do I know where the "full path" to
    > MSCONFIG.EXE is located - according to Windows it was apparently deleted.
    >
    > In your reply you gave me an "example" path to MSCONFIG.EXE. Are you
    > telling me that this is the path I should type in the registry or is this
    > just an example of a path where MSCONFIG.EXE might be located? I'm
    > confused.
    >
    > I would have thought that I would have to replace this program since it
    > was
    > deleted. You make is sound like MSCONFIG.EXE is still in my computer but
    > the path to this program was deleted. Which is it?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Dummie,
    >>
    >> This happens if the App Paths MSConfig.exe is missing. Open Regedit.exe
    >> and
    >> navigate to:
    >>
    >> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths]
    >>
    >> Create a new sub-key named "MSCONFIG.EXE"
    >>
    >> Then, select this key:
    >> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
    >> Paths\MSCONFIG.EXE
    >>
    >> In the right-pane, double-click (default) and type the full path to
    >> MSConfig.exe
    >>
    >> Example:
    >> C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "Dummie" <mwmcmichael@yahoo.com.nospam> wrote in message
    >> >I cannot access MSCONFIG from the run command. I can access it when I
    >> >type
    >> > in the full path: %Systemroot%\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\msconfig.exe
    >> >
    >> > I have no problems accessing REGEDIT or DXDIAG from the run command.
    >> >
    >> > I cannot find MSCONFIG.EXE under apps path in the registry.
    >> >
    >> > I have done a complete system scan with NAV and there are NO viruses on
    >> > my
    >> > computer.
    >> >
    >> > What's going on here? Why can't I access MSCONFIG? How do I solve
    >> > this
    >> > problem?
    >> >
    >> > Please Help!

    Obviously, I don't know what %systemroot% meant when I typed it. I was just
    following directions from another discussion about the same problem.

    Thanks for your help.

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Dummie,
    >
    > You initially stated:
    >
    > " I can access it when I type in the full path:
    > %Systemroot%\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\msconfig.exe"
    >
    > So, anyone would assume that the file is present.
    >
    > >> this is the path I should type in the registry or is this just an example
    > >> of a path where MSCONFIG.EXE might be located?
    >
    > Mine is "G:\Windows\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\msconfig.exe"
    >
    > Yours may be (depending on the drive and folder name where Windows is
    > installed)
    > C:\Windows\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\msconfig.exe
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Dummie" <mwmcmichael@yahoo.com.nospam> wrote in message
    > > Ramesh,
    > >
    > > Thanks for trying to help. How do I know where the "full path" to
    > > MSCONFIG.EXE is located - according to Windows it was apparently deleted.
    > >
    > > In your reply you gave me an "example" path to MSCONFIG.EXE. Are you
    > > telling me that this is the path I should type in the registry or is this
    > > just an example of a path where MSCONFIG.EXE might be located? I'm
    > > confused.
    > >
    > > I would have thought that I would have to replace this program since it
    > > was
    > > deleted. You make is sound like MSCONFIG.EXE is still in my computer but
    > > the path to this program was deleted. Which is it?
    > >
    > > Thanks.
    > >
    > > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi Dummie,
    > >>
    > >> This happens if the App Paths MSConfig.exe is missing. Open Regedit.exe
    > >> and
    > >> navigate to:
    > >>
    > >> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths]
    > >>
    > >> Create a new sub-key named "MSCONFIG.EXE"
    > >>
    > >> Then, select this key:
    > >> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
    > >> Paths\MSCONFIG.EXE
    > >>
    > >> In the right-pane, double-click (default) and type the full path to
    > >> MSConfig.exe
    > >>
    > >> Example:
    > >> C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > >> Windows XP Shell/User
    > >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    > >>

    > >> "Dummie" <mwmcmichael@yahoo.com.nospam> wrote in message

    No problem. %systemroot% refers to your Windows folder

    --

    > Obviously, I don't know what %systemroot% meant when I typed it. I was
    > just
    > following directions from another discussion about the same problem.
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >

    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Dummie,
    >>
    >> You initially stated:
    >>
    >> " I can access it when I type in the full path:
    >> %Systemroot%\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\msconfig.exe"
    >>
    >> So, anyone would assume that the file is present.

    >> Mine is "G:\Windows\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\msconfig.exe"
    >>
    >> Yours may be (depending on the drive and folder name where Windows is
    >> installed)
    >> C:\Windows\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\msconfig.exe
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "Dummie" <mwmcmichael@yahoo.com.nospam> wrote in message
    >> > Ramesh,
    >> >
    >> > Thanks for trying to help. How do I know where the "full path" to
    >> > MSCONFIG.EXE is located - according to Windows it was apparently
    >> > deleted.
    >> >
    >> > In your reply you gave me an "example" path to MSCONFIG.EXE. Are
    >> > you
    >> > telling me that this is the path I should type in the registry or is
    >> > this
    >> > just an example of a path where MSCONFIG.EXE might be located? I'm
    >> > confused.
    >> >
    >> > I would have thought that I would have to replace this program since it
    >> > was
    >> > deleted. You make is sound like MSCONFIG.EXE is still in my computer
    >> > but
    >> > the path to this program was deleted. Which is it?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks.

    My XP Pro system has no MSCONFIG and no HELPCTR. I suspect more files are
    missing. In C:\XP\i386 there are a slew of dos commands with .EX_
    extensions. When I reinstalled these two from the CD, I only get a quick
    flash of a command screen and then nothing. I've checked this forum and
    another but nothing seems to fit exactly. By the way, I am unable to start
    a thread in this forum --- so I hope this one gets someone's attention.
    Thanks

    Try entering the full path in Start/Run dialog:

    %systemroot%\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\msconfig.exe
    %systemroot%\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\HelpCtr.exe

    If that works, then it's a minor problem in the registry which can be fixed
    easily. OTOH, if you receive the "Windows cannot find...." error, then you
    extract the files from the source.

    --
    Ramesh Srinivasan
    MS-MVP, Windows Shell

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com

    "LinusF" <LinusF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My XP Pro system has no MSCONFIG and no HELPCTR. I suspect more files are
    > missing. In C:\XP\i386 there are a slew of dos commands with .EX_
    > extensions. When I reinstalled these two from the CD, I only get a quick
    > flash of a command screen and then nothing. I've checked this forum and
    > another but nothing seems to fit exactly. By the way, I am unable to
    > start
    > a thread in this forum --- so I hope this one gets someone's attention.
    > Thanks

    Okay. By putting in your recommended path I can pull up both of them.
    What's the fix ?--- and thanks an inmcredible bundle for being so quick.
    Why cannot I use the NEW THREAD function?

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Try entering the full path in Start/Run dialog:
    >
    > %systemroot%\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\msconfig.exe
    > %systemroot%\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\HelpCtr.exe
    >
    > If that works, then it's a minor problem in the registry which can be fixed
    > easily. OTOH, if you receive the "Windows cannot find...." error, then you
    > extract the files from the source.
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh Srinivasan
    > MS-MVP, Windows Shell
    >
    > Windows XP Troubleshooting
    > http://www.winhelponline.com
    >
    > "LinusF" <LinusF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > My XP Pro system has no MSCONFIG and no HELPCTR. I suspect more files are
    > > missing. In C:\XP\i386 there are a slew of dos commands with .EX_
    > > extensions. When I reinstalled these two from the CD, I only get a quick
    > > flash of a command screen and then nothing. I've checked this forum and
    > > another but nothing seems to fit exactly. By the way, I am unable to
    > > start
    > > a thread in this forum --- so I hope this one gets someone's attention.
    > > Thanks

    Start Regedit.exe and navigate to:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths

    Create a new key named MSCONFIG.EXE:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
    Paths\MSCONFIG.EXE
    In the right-pane, double-click (default) and set the path to MSConfig.exe

    Repeat the steps for Helpctr.exe here:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
    Paths\HELPCTR.EXE

    More Information:

    "Help and Support" link from Start Menu does not work:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startmenuhelp.htm

    PerceivedTypes, SystemFileAssociations, and Application Registration
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/programmersguide/shell_basics/shell_basics_extending/fileassociations/fa_perceived_types.asp

    --

    > Okay. By putting in your recommended path I can pull up both of them.
    > What's the fix ?--- and thanks an inmcredible bundle for being so quick.
    > Why cannot I use the NEW THREAD function?
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Try entering the full path in Start/Run dialog:
    >>
    >> %systemroot%\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\msconfig.exe
    >> %systemroot%\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\HelpCtr.exe
    >>
    >> If that works, then it's a minor problem in the registry which can be
    >> fixed
    >> easily. OTOH, if you receive the "Windows cannot find...." error, then
    >> you
    >> extract the files from the source.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh Srinivasan
    >> MS-MVP, Windows Shell
    >>
    >> Windows XP Troubleshooting
    >> http://www.winhelponline.com
    >>
    >> "LinusF" <LinusF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > My XP Pro system has no MSCONFIG and no HELPCTR. I suspect more files
    >> > are
    >> > missing. In C:\XP\i386 there are a slew of dos commands with .EX_
    >> > extensions. When I reinstalled these two from the CD, I only get a
    >> > quick
    >> > flash of a command screen and then nothing. I've checked this forum
    >> > and
    >> > another but nothing seems to fit exactly. By the way, I am unable to
    >> > start
    >> > a thread in this forum --- so I hope this one gets someone's attention.
    >> > Thanks

    Bad news: At first nothing worked.
    Good news: I ran your script for Help Center and that worked --- I went
    back and took the colon out of msconfig.exe and used the same path as your
    script does for helpctr.exe. Wizard.
    How do I find out and fix other problems which may be lurking out there and
    which might be linked to these two manifestations? We are getting there!!!!
    Thanks.+-

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Start Regedit.exe and navigate to:
    >
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths
    >
    > Create a new key named MSCONFIG.EXE:
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
    > Paths\MSCONFIG.EXE
    > In the right-pane, double-click (default) and set the path to MSConfig.exe
    >
    > Repeat the steps for Helpctr.exe here:
    > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
    > Paths\HELPCTR.EXE
    >
    > More Information:
    >
    > "Help and Support" link from Start Menu does not work:
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startmenuhelp.htm
    >
    > PerceivedTypes, SystemFileAssociations, and Application Registration
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/programmersguide/shell_basics/shell_basics_extending/fileassociations/fa_perceived_types.asp
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh Srinivasan
    > MS-MVP, Windows Shell
    >
    > Windows XP Troubleshooting
    > http://www.winhelponline.com
    >
    > "LinusF" <LinusF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Okay. By putting in your recommended path I can pull up both of them.
    > > What's the fix ?--- and thanks an inmcredible bundle for being so quick.
    > > Why cannot I use the NEW THREAD function?
    > >
    > > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Try entering the full path in Start/Run dialog:
    > >>
    > >> %systemroot%\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\msconfig.exe
    > >> %systemroot%\pchealth\helpctr\binaries\HelpCtr.exe
    > >>
    > >> If that works, then it's a minor problem in the registry which can be
    > >> fixed
    > >> easily. OTOH, if you receive the "Windows cannot find...." error, then
    > >> you
    > >> extract the files from the source.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Ramesh Srinivasan
    > >> MS-MVP, Windows Shell
    > >>
    > >> Windows XP Troubleshooting
    > >> http://www.winhelponline.com
    > >>
    > >> "LinusF" <LinusF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    >> Bad news: At first nothing worked

    It depends. Have you added it as I stated?

    >> How do I find out and fix other problems which may be lurking out there

    For example?

    --

    > Bad news: At first nothing worked.
    > Good news: I ran your script for Help Center and that worked --- I went
    > back and took the colon out of msconfig.exe and used the same path as your
    > script does for helpctr.exe. Wizard.
    > How do I find out and fix other problems which may be lurking out there
    > and
    > which might be linked to these two manifestations? We are getting
    > there!!!!
    > Thanks.+-
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Start Regedit.exe and navigate to:
    >>
    >> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths
    >>
    >> Create a new key named MSCONFIG.EXE:
    >> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
    >> Paths\MSCONFIG.EXE
    >> In the right-pane, double-click (default) and set the path to
    >> MSConfig.exe
    >>
    >> Repeat the steps for Helpctr.exe here:
    >> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
    >> Paths\HELPCTR.EXE
    >>
    >> More Information:
    >>
    >> "Help and Support" link from Start Menu does not work:
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startmenuhelp.htm
    >>
    >> PerceivedTypes, SystemFileAssociations, and Application Registration
    >> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/programmersguide/shell_basics/shell_basics_extending/fileassociations/fa_perceived_types.asp
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh Srinivasan
    >> MS-MVP, Windows Shell
    >>
    >> Windows XP Troubleshooting
    >> http://www.winhelponline.com
    >>
    >> "LinusF" <LinusF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Okay. By putting in your recommended path I can pull up both of them.
    >> > What's the fix ?--- and thanks an inmcredible bundle for being so
    >> > quick.
    >> > Why cannot I use the NEW THREAD function?

  12. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

    At first nothing NEW happened --- as noted, I then changed the REGEDIT
    modifications to mirror your script's results and everything worked.
    As regards the broader question, on another board the advice was to run sfc
    /scannow. It took 45 minutes and 100 or so taps on "retry" (reminded me of
    playing Space Invaders 20 years ago). Since applying your, key, fixes and
    running scannow, this systems definitely feels better. I'll be checking my
    primary application today. If something else has gone awry, I'll drop you a
    line.

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > >> Bad news: At first nothing worked
    >
    > It depends. Have you added it as I stated?
    >
    > >> How do I find out and fix other problems which may be lurking out there
    >
    > For example?
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh Srinivasan
    > MS-MVP, Windows Shell
    >
    > Windows XP Troubleshooting
    > http://www.winhelponline.com
    >
    > "LinusF" <LinusF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Bad news: At first nothing worked.
    > > Good news: I ran your script for Help Center and that worked --- I went
    > > back and took the colon out of msconfig.exe and used the same path as your
    > > script does for helpctr.exe. Wizard.
    > > How do I find out and fix other problems which may be lurking out there
    > > and
    > > which might be linked to these two manifestations? We are getting
    > > there!!!!
    > > Thanks.+-
    > >
    > > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    > >
    > >> Start Regedit.exe and navigate to:
    > >>
    > >> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths
    > >>
    > >> Create a new key named MSCONFIG.EXE:
    > >> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
    > >> Paths\MSCONFIG.EXE
    > >> In the right-pane, double-click (default) and set the path to
    > >> MSConfig.exe
    > >>
    > >> Repeat the steps for Helpctr.exe here:
    > >> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
    > >> Paths\HELPCTR.EXE
    > >>
    > >> More Information:
    > >>
    > >> "Help and Support" link from Start Menu does not work:
    > >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startmenuhelp.htm
    > >>
    > >> PerceivedTypes, SystemFileAssociations, and Application Registration
    > >> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/shellcc/platform/shell/programmersguide/shell_basics/shell_basics_extending/fileassociations/fa_perceived_types.asp
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Ramesh Srinivasan
    > >> MS-MVP, Windows Shell
    > >>
    > >> Windows XP Troubleshooting
    > >> http://www.winhelponline.com
    > >>
    > >> "LinusF" <LinusF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

  13. Hi Dummie,

    This is GEOPK HACKER USA

    This happens if the App Paths MSConfig.exe is missing and Files you have to copy of File. Open Regedit.exe and navigate to:

    Step 1
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths]

    Step 2
    Create a new sub-key named "MSCONFIG.EXE"

    Then, select this key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
    Paths\MSCONFIG.EXE

    In the right-pane, double-click (default) and type the full path to
    MSConfig.exe

    Step 3
    Example:
    C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe

    Step 4

    Find MSCONFIG.EXE into

    C:\Windows\$NtservicePackUninstall$

    you have to copy to

    C:\Windows\System32\

    Example:

    C:\Windows\$NtservicePackUninstall$\copy msconfig.* c:\windows\system32\ "Enter"

    Go to Star ----> Run ----> "Type" msconfig "ENTER"

    Soluction of GEOPK HACKER
  14. You do realize that you replied in a thread that's been dead for 7 years?

Command Prompt Msconfig Windows XP