On start up get a black box headed C;\windows\system32\msaccess.exe along
with a gray message area headed 16 bit MS dos sub system which says
"The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
C5:06c5:ff f9 OP;ff fc ff fc ff.
Chose close to terminate the application."

I dont know whether it is co-incidental but am also having problems with an
application which uses JAVA to recover billing information.
If i do choose and continue using other applications such as Adobe the same
boxes pop up at intervals.
After reading group postings have tried the 260 fix from Kellys corner but
this returns the message
"This script cannot repair your issue , the expected registry value was not
found.

Would appreciate any help to fix these problems.
--
jfleming

Hi,

The file msaccess.exe loading from C:\Windows\system32 _might_ be a virus /
malware process. Clean-up Windows startup, and download all of these
utilities / scan the system.

Clean-up Windows Startup:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startup.htm

1. Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com

2. SpyBot S&D
http://www.safer-networking.org

3. CWShredder

Update 1 & 2 before running a scan.

Then, run a full system virus scan with fully updated definitions. Try Trend
Micro's Sysclean package (free), it's capable of eliminating keyloggers,
trojans etc. (very effective!)

Generic Trojan / Adware Infestation Removal Procedure:

Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"jfleming" <jfleming@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> On start up get a black box headed C;\windows\system32\msaccess.exe along
> with a gray message area headed 16 bit MS dos sub system which says
> "The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
> C5:06c5:ff f9 OP;ff fc ff fc ff.
> Chose close to terminate the application."
>
> I dont know whether it is co-incidental but am also having problems with
> an
> application which uses JAVA to recover billing information.
> If i do choose and continue using other applications such as Adobe the
> same
> boxes pop up at intervals.
> After reading group postings have tried the 260 fix from Kellys corner but
> this returns the message
> "This script cannot repair your issue , the expected registry value was
> not
> found.
>
> Would appreciate any help to fix these problems.
> --
> jfleming

Ramesh Hi
Sorry for the delay and thanks for your reply. After repeating the procedure
suggested by you several times seem to have cured the problem but thee only
place where anything showed up was ad aware, which i had previously used
several time. but thanks the problem seems to be solved.
Just one final word. i did find an html document in my temporary internet
files labelled "zevceler.com\msaccess" and suspect this was the origin of the
problem.
Once again many thanks.

Thanks for the feedback Fleming.