lag from keyboard to screen

I can type a whole sentence before it appears on the screen. It's happening
now. I've spybotted, adawared, PCdoctored, system suite-ed, emptied all temp
folders, uninstalled all games (etc.), and defragmented to a fare-thee-well.
I'm not a computer genius, but I write for a living--so this problem is a
major, major, major headache: Windows XP home edition--88% free disk space
(if that means anything). And why can't I get any help from MicroSoft itself?
<--serious question.

http://www.lavasoft.com

"Patetichesky" wrote:

> I can type a whole sentence before it appears on the screen. It's happening
> now. I've spybotted, adawared, PCdoctored, system suite-ed, emptied all temp
> folders, uninstalled all games (etc.), and defragmented to a fare-thee-well.
> I'm not a computer genius, but I write for a living--so this problem is a
> major, major, major headache: Windows XP home edition--88% free disk space
> (if that means anything). And why can't I get any help from MicroSoft itself?
> <--serious question.

What, particularly? I've already downloaded the Ad-Aware and used it to clean
out everything it can find. It makes no difference...

"Nicoliani" wrote:

> http://www.lavasoft.com
>
> "Patetichesky" wrote:
>
> > I can type a whole sentence before it appears on the screen. It's happening
> > now. I've spybotted, adawared, PCdoctored, system suite-ed, emptied all temp
> > folders, uninstalled all games (etc.), and defragmented to a fare-thee-well.
> > I'm not a computer genius, but I write for a living--so this problem is a
> > major, major, major headache: Windows XP home edition--88% free disk space
> > (if that means anything). And why can't I get any help from MicroSoft itself?
> > <--serious question.

CCR

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2004

Did you boot in safe mode? If not, try that and see if you still have the
problem. Press F8 while the machine is booting to get the safe mode screen.
If you do not have the problem in safe mode, run Ad-Aware from safe
mode--and use the custom scan option to deep scan everything--not the quick
scan.

--
"Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be
dreaded because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is

- James Madison, Political Observations, 1795

"Patetichesky" <Patetichesky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What, particularly? I've already downloaded the Ad-Aware and used it to
> clean
> out everything it can find. It makes no difference...
>
> "Nicoliani" wrote:
>
>> http://www.lavasoft.com
>>
>> "Patetichesky" wrote:
>>
>> > I can type a whole sentence before it appears on the screen. It's
>> > happening
>> > now. I've spybotted, adawared, PCdoctored, system suite-ed, emptied all
>> > temp
>> > folders, uninstalled all games (etc.), and defragmented to a
>> > fare-thee-well.
>> > I'm not a computer genius, but I write for a living--so this problem is
>> > major, major, major headache: Windows XP home edition--88% free disk
>> > space
>> > (if that means anything). And why can't I get any help from MicroSoft
>> > itself?
>> > <--serious question.

I still have the problem in safe mode--I ran Ad-Aware then anyway, just to
see if that would help. No luck. I have a Dell 2350 and using the keyboard
that came with it--would it help to purchase a new, different keyboard? I
can't live with this situation much longer... ANY help would be appreciated.
Many thanks...