Sign in with
Your question

Guess who the manufacturer is...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 15, 2004 10:22:12 PM

I am an idiot. I thought this ad was for a Radeon 9700 Pro built by ATI, not powered by ATI. Although I will say that I think ad is slightly misleading.

<A HREF="http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?Product..." target="_new">Misleading ad</A>

I especially find the part saying, "Only Products designed and built by ATI offer: ..." to be deceiving. I guess you're just supposed to know that this product is not, in fact, built by ATI and therefore nothing below that line applies.

Now I get to waste money on shipping and a restocking fee to send back a Power Color card that I thought was an ATi card. What fun!

More about : guess manufacturer

January 15, 2004 11:27:24 PM

'd have more sympathy for you if "powecolor" wasn't so promenantly shown on the page... :wink:

Hey, Powercolor isn't that bad you know. I RMA'd a card to them once and they sentr me a new one quick. And the new one has stayed strong and modded to a 9500 PRO!

So they aren't the satan of video cards or anything.

a b U Graphics card
January 16, 2004 1:56:54 AM

They changed the page! I was looking at this card a few days ago and it said "Manufacturer: ATI"!!!

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>
a b U Graphics card
January 16, 2004 3:38:34 AM

This suprises me a bit as Googlegear has always been great to deal with for me. Newegg is great too but they charge tax in NJ now. Do a search on zipzoomfly for Radeons and over 60 products come up. Usually POWERCOLOR is listed in the product heading, so I'd say that this seemed a little harder to catch even though it is listed as the Manufacturer.

ABIT IS7, P4 2.6C, 512MB Corsair TwinX PC3200LL, Radeon 9500 Pro, Santa Cruz, Antec 1000AMG, TruePower 430watt
!