Hal

When I click on the IE icon on my desktop, I no longer go to my selected home
page, MSNBC. Instead I am redirected/go to the MS Update/Download page where
the site starts the scan for needed updates.

Have tried a multitude of spyware scans, etc. including MS', but to no
avail. I can't get to MSNBC like used to be the case.

Sure would appreciate some help

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002

Hi Hal

Tools -> Options -> Geneal tab and change 'which page to use for your Home page' to
http://www.msnbc.com then click on Apply.

--
Hope that helps

Joseph

philippeoget at hotmail dot com
http://www.geocities.com/philippeoget/a2z/
"Hal" <Hal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E759FCB3-4734-4B9F-AE9C-3E143C991EEB@microsoft.com...
> When I click on the IE icon on my desktop, I no longer go to my selected home
> page, MSNBC. Instead I am redirected/go to the MS Update/Download page where
> the site starts the scan for needed updates.
>
> Have tried a multitude of spyware scans, etc. including MS', but to no
> avail. I can't get to MSNBC like used to be the case.
>
> Sure would appreciate some help

Hal

No matter. I am still direccted to:

http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5consumer/default.aspx?ln=en-us

I have set and reset my home page several times but to no avail. I am still
directed to the above site; as I said, believe my homepage has been hijacked.

Thanks for responding.

Regards,

Hal Schwartz