Video Plays Dark

I have a HP a832n with XP SP2 which is about 2 weeks old. I have noticed
that when playing any video on my PC (DVD, mpeg, etc) that the video plays
dark. Depending on the file, I can increase the brightness in Windows Media
Player, Power DVD, etc., but I should not have to keep doing this. Also some
mpeg files do not allow me to change the brightness setting.
I have run a Video test and have reinstalled the video driver on my PC, but
the video output is still dark.
I do not believe this to be a monitor issue, as everything but video shows
up fine. Any help/suggestions is very appreciated. Thanks!

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 10:53:10 -0700, gregc1
<gregc1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>I have a HP a832n with XP SP2 which is about 2 weeks old. I have noticed
>that when playing any video on my PC (DVD, mpeg, etc) that the video plays
>dark. Depending on the file, I can increase the brightness in Windows Media
>Player, Power DVD, etc., but I should not have to keep doing this. Also some
>mpeg files do not allow me to change the brightness setting.
>I have run a Video test and have reinstalled the video driver on my PC, but
>the video output is still dark.
>I do not believe this to be a monitor issue, as everything but video shows
>up fine. Any help/suggestions is very appreciated. Thanks!

Without all the technical details (which I don't remember anyway)
the bottom line is that a TV and a computer monitor are simply
very different, and it is very common for a movie that looks "just
right" on a TV is not going to look the same on a computer

You might read at http://www.videohelp.com/

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith