WTB: Gauntlet Joystick Rebuild Kit

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Hi,
Title says it all...do they exist? I am specifically looking for the
white conicle shaped piece that slides over the joy handle and the
spring goes into. I have 4 sloppy original Gauntlet Atari joysticks
that need that piece since it is worn badly. If there are no kits
available, I have been toying with the idea of having them made. Any
interest?

Troy

takeman@comcast.net wrote:
> Hi,
> Title says it all...do they exist? I am specifically looking for the
> white conicle shaped piece that slides over the joy handle and the
> spring goes into. I have 4 sloppy original Gauntlet Atari joysticks
> that need that piece since it is worn badly. If there are no kits
> available, I have been toying with the idea of having them made. Any
> interest?

Would that be the only part in the kit?

Either way, I'd be interested in replacing any parts in my Atari System
1 joystick.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Darren,
Im not sure...Every one of them that I have had, that was the only worn
part. Are there other parts that wear too? What other parts were you
in need of?

Troy

takeman@comcast.net wrote:
> Darren,
> Im not sure...Every one of them that I have had, that was the only worn
> part. Are there other parts that wear too? What other parts were you
> in need of?
>
> Troy

I'd a take a few of the plungers (that's what they are called) if the
price was right. Maybe 25 - 50.

-Stephen

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

Stephen,
I was hoping you would chime in and say you had them NOS.... :)
I'll keep you in mind.

Troy

takeman@comcast.net wrote:
> Stephen,
> I was hoping you would chime in and say you had them NOS.... :)
> I'll keep you in mind.
>
> Troy

LOL. I do have 5 or 6 NOS ones left but they are for my personal use.

-Stephen

Scott

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting,rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace,rec.games.video.arcade (More info?)

If someone is looking to reproduce the "plunger" part, borrowing a NOS
one may be the key to creating it. I also toyed with the idea of
reproducing these a while ago, but when I took apart 1 of my joysticks
and showed the plunger to a Mechanical Engineer friend of mine he said
that it was too worn to make a good copy of it. Anyway, just throwing
that out there....

Scott